Mountain Project Logo

Additional filter option for climbs

Original Post
Cody Cox KC · · Kansas City, MO · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 46

I am curious how hard it would be to add tags to climbs to describe the types of features you might find like crack, face, arrete, dihedral and so on. Then once these tags have been added one can simply filter the climbs by hold types they want. I am really trying to get into crack climbing and there not always obvious which climbs are going to be crack climbs if there is no picture or crack is not in the name.

Anyone interested in this feature also?

bump

Connor Erickson · · Brandon, SD · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 17

That sounds great. I find the same thing when I’m looking for chimneys and cracks as well. 

super bump...I think this could be a great add. You see it often in guide books that allow you to look for climbs in the index by type of climbing. 

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

I like the idea... but not the thought of building functionality that would take YEARS to backfill with the needed data before it becomes useful.

Wes Martin · · Golden, CO · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 15

Just look at the climb in person, or go to indian creek

M Sprague · · New England · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 5,090

..or ask around for suggestions. You will probably get a more relevant filtering

Nick Wilder wrote: I like the idea... but not the thought of building functionality that would take YEARS to backfill with the needed data before it becomes useful.

That's a fair comment, I'm happy to see input from admins about ideas. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Additional filter option for climbs"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started