Mountain Project Logo

Frankenrack much?

Original Post
F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 1,065

Post up some love for non-binary racks!
Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419

Francis Enrack's  solicitation / invitation & gear

Gunkiemike wrote:

Ever since I sold my WC Zeros and rigid stems, my cams are a mix of CCH, Totem, Metolius, and BD. I'll add in Trango and HB when things get wide. Passive: Metolius, CAMP, BD, DMM, HB, and WC.

Do I win?
pictures or it didn't . . .
lets see some racks
Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492

Ever since I sold my WC Zeros and rigid stems, my cams are a mix of CCH, Totem, Metolius, and BD. I'll add in Trango and HB when things get wide. Passive: Metolius, CAMP, BD, DMM, HB, and WC.

Do I win?

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
FrankPS wrote: Is this thread the same as this one?:

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/107908160/rack-envy

Nope. This thread is only for non-matching racks. None of this "look at my double set of BD ultralights with matching Oz biners" shenanigans.

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

Nope. This thread is only for non-matching racks. None of this "look at my double set of BD ultralights with matching Oz biners" shenanigans.

But, but... my camalots are C4's, not ultralights, and my totems also have Oz biners (so different brands)... Can I still post, or should I cancel the cam photoshoot I was planning?

Fritz Nuffer wrote:

And also, I must say that your library of goat memes is truly impressive. Do you pull these off of google image search, or do you have a massive library of images, cataloged and keyworded? (Or is it somewhere in between?)

Andrew Krajnik wrote:

But, but... my camalots are C4's, not ultralights, and my totems also have Oz biners (so different brands)... Can I still post, or should I cancel the cam photoshoot I was planning?

Permission granted, good sir. And re: memes ...

Fritz Nuffer wrote:

And re: memes ...

Carolina · · Front Range NC · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 20

Fritz. That goat looks way to happy.  

Reminds me of a joke from the old homeland.

“Why does the rancher love his goat at the edge of a cliff?”

“So it pushes back”

Carolina wrote:
“So it pushes back”

11/10 gotez prefer Metolius.

Nathan Sullivan · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

I couldn't decide what small cams to get, so I have 0 and 1 Metolius UL mastercams, a .4 x4, and yellow/gray Fixe Aliens.

Every one of them has a matching racking biner though, since I'm a little OCD.

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,516

My rack is so Franken some friends won’t even let me bring it along.  Only 3 of the cams even have the original color slings.  

It’s like a cam sanctuary. Feel free to send me all of your cams that don’t fit with your others.  
bus driver wrote:

My rack is so Franken some friends won’t even let me bring it along.  Only 3 of the cams even have the original color slings.  

It’s like a cam sanctuary. Feel free to send me all of your cams that don’t fit with your others.  

So, it's a virtual Island of Misfit Cams?

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215

Gotez feet?

Fehim Hasecic wrote: Gotez feet?

Guilty as charged! Although I recently ripped off my left big toe nail. Shoes fit much better now. Where did you find that picture?

bus driver wrote:

You, sir, have attained Pro Status.  Neither the brands nor the slings nor the biners match.

I would totally climb on those.
Jordan Palamos · · Eugene, OR · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 15

As much as I loved Gene Wilder, I don't wanna see his rack. Maybe Inga's?

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

Guilty as charged! Although I recently ripped off my left big toe nail. Shoes fit much better now. Where did you find that picture?

I’m tight with Dark Army. JK it’s in the new issue of Climbing 

Fehim Hasecic wrote:

I’m tight with Dark Army. JK it’s in the new issue of Climbing 

Ha, I forgot I sent that in. I'll have to go check out the library's copy, since the feature is print-only.

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

My finger-sizes are pretty Frankenracked right now. I was all x4s but then bought some Totems. Then I bought some Totem Basics. And I have a couple Metolius TCUs. To be honest, I don't like having so many options to think about. Will probably get rid of all the X4s or the basics and just settle on one of them + Totem Totems. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Frankenrack much?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started