Mountain Project Logo

Indoor spray thread

Original Post
that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

I want all the spray about your sick indoor proj at your local gym, extra points for inflated grades, bouldering and using the word "sick" excessively.
NO OUTSIDE CLIMBING ALLOWED

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 669

I haven't been able to get that white V2 at the back end of the gym at Movement Boulder, but it's up for a few more weeks, and I have high hopes.

Igor Chained · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 110

1 word: sandbag.

J Squared · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

"ok but you only get to put your feet on the handholds and your hands on the footholds..   it's still a match finish"

Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 1,667

I finished the orange traverse from midway point to the top for the first time yesterday!

Oh, and the purple. I figured out the last two moves on the purple route, and did it from the start to the finish crux with only one fall (and couple light dabs).

So delighted!

Jared Chrysostom · · Clemson, SC · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 5

My local gym is an outdoor wall... damn. 

Joe Prescott · · Berlin Germany · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 6

I onsighted the red VII (French 6b/YDS 5.10d) while exploring my new local gym in Berlin. Although I did jump off at the anchor before clipping it for a some practice whipping. I've seen the pros do this, so I'm counting it as a send. It on the outdoor wall section, so I had to deal with the elements and exposure of being outside in the cool, humid air, under fluorescent lights, nontheless.

Mike D · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 845
Long Ranger wrote: I haven't been able to get that white V2 at the back end of the gym at Movement Boulder, but it's up for a few more weeks, and I have high hopes.

I know the one you’re referring to. I flashed it after you walked away from it. J/K... That’s at least V4 in Movement ratings. Maybe V1 at Flag. 
mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Is this really the first MP thread where the word “sick” hasn’t been mentioned in a half dozen responses? 

Mike D wrote: I know the one you’re referring to. I flashed it after you walked away from it. J/K... That’s at least V4 in Movement ratings. Maybe V1 at Flag. 

It really exposes most of my weaknesses in climbing - namely: I can't climb very well. 

I'll kinda feel like this tho, if I get that damn V2,

Flagstaff V1 (I think?)
Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

I flashed that pink V6 even though the holds were all super greasy.

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

The Purple Hard- was too difficult I had to skip a few holds to send it. Probably Easy+

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

I bivied on a V2. At the gym. Mid-route.

John Byrnes · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 392

I got a new hangboard for the basement.  It's blue.  Can't hold the pinches without taking 100lbs off, maybe if I get some head-banger music...

Not to toot my own horn, but that V2 has been crushed. Since I'm the only one I've personally ever seen do it, I'm claiming a first ascent.,

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236
Long Ranger wrote: Not to toot my own horn, but that V2 has been crushed. Since I'm the only one I've personally ever seen do it, I'm claiming a first ascent.,

Video or it didn't happen. 

that guy named seb wrote:

Video or it didn't happen. 

I left an old sardine can at the top of the route with the last piton left from the expedition. That should prove all without any doubt.

Hank Caylor · · Livin' in the Junk! · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 643

I've sent literally hundreds of 5.13's all over the world, but back in the mid 90's there was a blue tape 13b? at Paradise Rock Gym in Denver that took a protracted amount of self-loathing to do. It took me 5 days of tries and in the end I had to beg Kurt Smith to not take it down. Kurt actually called me at work one day and apologized saying "sorry dude but there wasn't space on the lead wall to leave it up any longer" just so he could listen to me shriek some kind of apoplectic meltdown. I just think it's funny how some indoor route can so clearly stick out in my head apart from so many other real climbs over the years. I know I know, I'm totally a cut-rate, below average never was, but fuck I was so pumped to FINALLY fire that thing..

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20
Hank Caylor wrote:I'm totally a cut-rate, below average never was, but fuck I was so pumped to FINALLY fire that thing..

1000x(Thumbs Up!)

It is so totally pointless, but, fuck, yeah!
Mike D · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 845
Long Ranger wrote: Not to toot my own horn, but that V2 has been crushed. Since I'm the only one I've personally ever seen do it, I'm claiming a first ascent.,

Finally done as well. What a PITA of a V2.
curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274

i finally sent my V4 project this afternoon, but i had to take my shirt off..

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Forum
Post a Reply to "Indoor spray thread"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started