Mountain Project Logo

Partner finding in Indian Creek in the fall.

Original Post
j Leend · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 31

I will be in the IC area this fall by myself. is it difficult to find climbing partners in IC?

Rew Exo · · Mammoth Lakes / Bishop · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 57

It is not difficult. Especially if you bring a lot of cams. I'll be there by myself in the fall too.

Paisley Wayward · · San Diego, ca · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I’ll be there by myself as well with quadruples of most of the good sizes and definitely looking for partners!

Ldewey · · Moab, UT · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 0

I live in moab and looking for climbing partner, can follow 10's 11's (easier ones) mostly climb weekdays, good cleaning skills:) 

Ben Pontecorvo · · Eugene, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 155

Pretty easy to roll up solo and post a note at SC parking lot

Mike r · · Grand Junction · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0
Ldewey wrote: I live in moab and looking for climbing partner, can follow 10's 11's (easier ones) mostly climb weekdays, good cleaning skills:) 

yeah right Dewey...haha see you there this fall buddy! hmu soon

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Considering a trip myself.  Not to hijack the thread, but what’s the best way to get there if you’re not dirtbagging?  SLC seems the closest, but Denver flights are a lot cheaper.  4x4 required?

R. Moran · · Moab , UT · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 140

No 4x4 required and you can fly from Denver to Moab 

Mike r · · Grand Junction · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0
Ted Pinson wrote: Considering a trip myself.  Not to hijack the thread, but what’s the best way to get there if you’re not dirtbagging?  SLC seems the closest, but Denver flights are a lot cheaper.  4x4 required?

plus flight to Moab is just under $100 from Denver

Mike r wrote:

yeah right Dewey...haha see you there this fall buddy! hmu soon

miss ya too, was on a roll b4 u left, keely and i might do day trip to IC friday, might be too hot still tho

Tedk · · elliottsburg pa · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5
Ted Pinson wrote: Considering a trip myself.  Not to hijack the thread, but what’s the best way to get there if you’re not dirtbagging?  SLC seems the closest, but Denver flights are a lot cheaper.  4x4 required?

do like i did one time, fly into denver get a rental that can be dropped off at other airports,  we spent a few days in moab then into zion and finally dropped the car off in vegas to fly home.... this was not a climbing trip, but i would hit moab and then the red rocks for climbing and dump the car off in vegas to fly home.....

its cool to see many looking for partners, im not as strong as many but would like to also get out there for a week or 2 end of october. 
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Nice idea!  Also, thanks Mike/Moran!  That sounds much more reasonable for a short trip.

Brett Jackson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

I will also be in the creek this fall and will be looking for partners. I have gear just need some partners!

Corey Woolnough · · Sherwood Park, AB · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

hey guys rolling into the creek by myself October 16-29 i have a penta rack .4 -3 what is the best campsite to find partners and who here wants to meet up to climb?!

Brett Jackson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Corey I will be there during that time and would love to climb

Sarah Inwood · · Millcreek, UT · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 6

Jumping on this thread: I'll be rolling in from SLC to climb in the creek Oct 17-24 and November 7-14. With mostly triples, but just 1 #5 and #6. Probably staying with a buddy in the cottonwoods. Lead 10s sometimes 11s (size dependent). Looking to climb every other day and mt bike in between. Shoot me text if you want to connect. If you fly into SLC on Oct 16th or Nov 6th, happy to giveyou a ride down that night.

Daniel Chambo · · Chapel Hill, NC · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 85

Anyone going to be there early Oct?  I would love to do about 7 days sometime between oct 1-12.  I will be flying out so need to figure something out pretty soon. Also interested in going to Zion.  Can lead 5.11+.  

Kit harland · · Carson City · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0
53r85e CDC 3we w reese Stearns w
Kit harland · · Carson City · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0
Mike r wrote:

yeah right Dewey...haha see you there this fall budd3d6fy! hmu soon

tru1e

Sarah Inwood · · Millcreek, UT · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 6

A couple friends and I are meeting in Moab on midday of the 17th. We'll be camping on Hart's Draw Road, which is on the mesa above Indian Creek. Give a shout if you want to meet up with us. We'll have a few racks and a couple of ropes. and hopefully also the new guidebook!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Partner finding in Indian Creek in the fall."

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.