Mountain Project Logo

Trad climbing partners

Original Post
Gretchen Kayser · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Hey! My name is Gretchen and I’ve gotten hooked on trad climbing a few months ago. I currently lead mostly 5.7 / 5.8 trad and am hoping to find a partner or two who climbs multitouch and harder grades than me to help me improve my skills on the rock. In return I can add to the team as a great belay buddy, teller of bad jokes, granola bar provider and general rock climbing stoke! I try to get out on the rock, most recently index, once a week on a workday (I can leave Seattle around 2/3) and whenever possible on weekends. Let’s go crush!

Jonny Schaefer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Would you want to go up to squamish for a weekend? I have some time off August 3rd until the 12th. From what i hear index is pretty hard.. never been, Leavenworth is cool. I have a double rack minus #2s... have some #3s a #3.5 and #5. Been taking courses at American Alpine Institute so safety oriented and ready to lead lots of multipitch 

Drew L · · Black Hills, SD · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 5

Hey Gretchen, I'd be psyched to get out sometime! Although, I am new to trad as well so I can't say I climb harder than you. I have a lot more experience sport climbing and have been looking for partners to do more trad. If you're interested, hit me up! 253-625-0256. I work in Seattle and get off at 2 so would be able to go to Index on a weekday.

jon bernhard · · Buena Vista, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 286

Gretchen.
I sent ya a PM through here. Hope to climb 

Sang Park · · Bellevue, WA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Gretchen,
Looks like my trad skills are pretty much same as you. I lead orbit and attempted outer space. Done some routes on Darrington 3 o’clock Wall. I’m only available on weekends and holidays. I’d be happy to be a partner with you. I’m at Bellevue.

Dorian Casey · · Corvallis, Or · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 30

Hey Gretchen! Feel free to text me anytime, I’m available after 2pm on weekdays and anytime on the weekends like you. Will lead up to 5.9 and looking to do some more multipitch/alpine climbing! 5415148042

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Trad climbing partners"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started