Mountain Project Logo

Fall Sport Climbing in Catalunya Spain

Original Post
Daniel Negless · · New York, NY · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 107

Hey all,

I'll be in Spain this fall (October 9 to November 21), looking to climb at any and all of the classic sport crags in Catalunya (Oliana, Siurana, Margalef, Montserrat, etc). I'm looking to hop on 5.12 and .13-, but happy to belay on any and everything. Oh, and I'll have a rental car for the entire time. If you're looking for a partner, just let me know.

Oh, and need not be an English speaker! -- wir koennen auch mit ein ander auf Deutsch reden! -- bueno, tambien hablo espanol y me gustaria mucho escalar con otros hablantes de espanol! -- a gente tambem pode falar em portugues! -- et finalement, je parle aussi le francais et j'aimerais bien grimper avec des gens qui parlent francais aussi! :)

-Daniel

Jackie Sweet · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 112

Hey! I'll be in Spain for most of the fall - working out of Barcelona and potentially Madrid. I'm not climbing at your grade but would be happy to lend a belay and can provide beer and a ride, if you get sick of driving, if you're willing to climb with someone below your level but as a solid second and safe partner/belayer. Feel free to PM

Hyland Markle · · Morgantown, WV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 233

C'est possible que j'y serai vers la fin/midi de novembre aussi. Je serai en France pour grimper de septembre jusqu a dec 16. I would be super stoked to get on some multipitch routes in spain mid/late nov potentially

Lee Harris · · Cleveland, TN · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 30

I just wanna know how folks speak five languages and climb 5.13. I looked it up, its called quinquelingual according to Wikipedia...

Also, bump for Daniel!

Daniel Negless · · New York, NY · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 107

@Jackie: sweet, let's climb -- I'm more than happy to give you a soft catch on whatever route you're stoked on.

@Hyland: superb, on y va. T'as deja quelques routes de plusiers longeurs en tete? Je fais aussi l'escalade trad, mais j'ai pas l'intention de porter toute l'equipement avec moi, alors on peute le faire avec la tienne ou bien des routes de plusiers longeurs d'escalade sportive.

@Lee: haha, the trick is lots of leaves of absence and gap years during high school (Germany), college (Peru, then France/West Africa), and grad school (Brazil). 

Ryan Barton · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hey Daniel! I'll be in Spain and around the Catalonia area starting October 8th-November 3rd. I'm looking to hop on long multi-pitch sport routes, though will only be in shape to climb in the 5.10 range. I can jug up harder things if needed as well.

David Swaine · · London, GB · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0
I am a climber from the UK.Will be in Margalef/Siurana area...from 22 october to November 26th.Climbing 10s to 11+/12-.Be keen to meet up.
Dave swaine
Kay S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hi Daniel!  I'll be in Spain at the same time (around Oct I should be in Barcelona and Lleida - I'll be based out of Camarasa for a couple of weeks where apparently there's good climbing as well).  I climb lower (5.10), but would be happy to belay you on harder routes.  Let me know if you want to connect and/or lock in some dates.

Christian Paul · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hi Daniel,
After finishing school this year i am taking a time out for one year. In this year i want to visit the top climbing spots in europe.
So i also want to go to Catalunya. As i´m traveling alone i`m searching for some nice climbing partners.
Few informations about me: 18 years old motivated sport climber, climbing since 4 years and belaying safely. I lead up to 7b+, but happy to go climbing with stronger or weaker climbing partners.
Feel free to contact me on whatsapp: +49 176 81749502 or email: christianpaul2000@web.de
Cheers
Chris

Willem Braat · · The Hague · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Yea I’ll enjoy to join in, will be there from end of September. Long Montserrat routes or single pitch up to 7b/c will be fun. Gear+car+some of your languages+bonus Dutch

austin bd · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 141

I will be in Mallorca September 20-27 and El Chorro November 27-December 6th. Anyone around in these areas during these dates?

Austin, 7077990994

Cati A · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0
Lee Harris wrote: I just wanna know how folks speak five languages and climb 5.13. I looked it up, its called quinquelingual according to Wikipedia...

Also, bump for Daniel!

Riiight??!?!?! Big fan here. I don't have time to master climbing AND languages!

Josh Jones · · Denver, CO · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 5

Hey gang—I'll be in Catalonia from October 6th to 13th venturing solo from Colorado. I'm looking for safe, reliable, motivated partners to climb at popular sport crags like Margalef, Rodellar, Siurana, Monserrat, or Terradets.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should grab a bungalow at some place popular in Rodellar and find partners there OR pay a little extra to go with a guiding/coaching group where I don't have to worry about logistics like finding partners, driving, bringing gear, route finding, language barrier, ect.

Anyone have interest in meeting up at Camping Mascún in Rodellar? They have a bungalow or cabin available. The minimum rate they do is for 2 people. (30€ per night for the cabin or 24€ per night for a bungalow.) Let me know ASAP before I go with this group! :) I've been sport climbing for 12 years, currently climbing at about the 5.11 level but have sent up to 5.12+ in the past. My email is josh_jones@rocketmail.com Cheers!

Shy Guy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Bump for everybody being rad.

Saaraa · · Boulder CO · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Hi guys, I’m in Norway now, thought I would hike after being in kalymnos for 2.5 weeks.  Terrible idea,   I haven’t seen the sun in awhile, I figured I would just head out to Barcelona tomorrow.  Is it too early for rodellar? Anyone already in  barcelona and would like to climb this week?  I climb 10s-11s. 

Ben Dowson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0
Josh Jones wrote: Hey gang—I'll be in Catalonia from October 6th to 13th venturing solo from Colorado. I'm looking for safe, reliable, motivated partners to climb at popular sport crags like Margalef, Rodellar, Siurana, Monserrat, or Terradets.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should grab a bungalow at some place popular in Rodellar and find partners there OR pay a little extra to go with a guiding/coaching group where I don't have to worry about logistics like finding partners, driving, bringing gear, route finding, language barrier, ect.

Anyone have interest in meeting up at Camping Mascún in Rodellar? They have a bungalow or cabin available. The minimum rate they do is for 2 people. (30€ per night for the cabin or 24€ per night for a bungalow.) Let me know ASAP before I go with this group! :) I've been sport climbing for 12 years, currently climbing at about the 5.11 level but have sent up to 5.12+ in the past. My email is josh_jones@rocketmail.com Cheers!

Hey Josh,

I might be in the area. Just arrived on Mallorca and am looking for climbing partners here. I'll be here till about the 6th and then headed back towards the mainland. The plan was to head pretty quickly towards the French border, but I'm pretty easily tempted with a good time.

I've been climbing for about 13 years and am in pretty much the same boat as you grade wise. I am also from Colorado!

Here's my number: +34 655 28 55 49
Email: Ben.dowson52@gmail.com
Ben Dowson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0
Austin Beck-Doss wrote: I will be in Mallorca September 20-27 and El Chorro November 27-December 6th. Anyone around in these areas during these dates?

Austin, 7077990994

Austin!

Are you still around?
I just landed on Mallorca this morning and am here for a week!

If not, any advise on accommodations and climbing destinations is greatly appreciated!

Ben
austin bd · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 141

Hi Ben,

I just left Mallorca yesterday unfortunetly. Wish I could have stayed longer!  Climbing at Cala Varques was outstanding and the cove is beautiful. Sa Calobra is worth the long drive, and the few routes that are accessible from the river mouth are safe and rad. Enjoy!

Emanuel Schönherr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

Hi Daniel,
I'm in Oliana right now will be around in catalunya the winter. Travelling in my van. Like to climb 8b this winter. From Germany.
If you like to meet up for climbing let me know.
Cheers emanuel

Philip Winsor · · Fairbanks, AK · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

Hey friends,

Planning a last minute trip from Alaska to Europe. Plan to spend most of my time in Spain, plan is for the 11th through 20th of November. Can lead 5.10+ range and follow on 5.11's. Can provide belays to anyone, beer, a good time. Just booked my ticket over the pond so I would be down to climb anywhere in the country! 

Hyland Markle · · Morgantown, WV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 233

Yo yo! I am going to be in Montserrat from this weekend. Heading to Siuranna afterward. Hit me up if you want to do some multi-pitch climbing! +13048934997

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Fall Sport Climbing in Catalunya Spain"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started