Mountain Project Logo

Arc'teryx Alpha IS - The Quiver of One Jacket

Original Post
GearGuy 316 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Just happen to come across this very good review of the flagship climbing jacket from Arc'teryx, from a well respected and climber/reviewer in Canada.

Arc'teryx Alpha IS

Based on his review, seems like this jacket is truly a "Quiver of One" jacket, and it'd better be, given it's high price tag, as he mentions a few times throughout his review:

"The Alpha IS is equally adept as a belay parka, an approach piece or a climbing layer. It really is all that and then some, and the more I wear it the more useful it turns out to be. "

"The versatility is rather baffling."

"It truly is a climbing shell and belay jacket and a half-dozen other layers all combined into one. Highly recommended, but it does cost over a thousand dollars, and I still haven’t quite made my peace with that. "

As tempting an all-in-one piece this jacket is reviewed to be, and despite some past season sales online, the cost is too much for my pocket and I'm happy with my cheaper Patagonia and TNF layering system for climbing, but some of you may find this review useful for your climbing needs or looking to replace your old and tattered multi-layering system.

Sam M · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 30

Dead bird getting real bold with this offering, "how much can we possibly charge for one jacket?"

A quiver of one is bullshit, kinda like link cams

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Reviews
Post a Reply to "Arc'teryx Alpha IS - The Quiver of One Jacket"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started