Mountain Project Logo

BD Clothes?

Original Post
THANH DUNG · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Has anyone bought any of the offerings from the new Black Diamond Clothing line? How have you liked it?

mattm · · TX · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 1,885

What are you looking at?  Their range is pretty broad. I will say they’ve moved to #1 on my list for tech clothing for the most part.

Redyns · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 60

the few items i have purchased (& subsequently returned), the sizing was very off, so much so that i don't bother looking at their stuff anymore.  

Bryan · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 457

I have a pair of pants that I bought a year or two ago (not sure if that qualifies as new or not) and I really like them.

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969

I have the OG Stance Parka, it is really awesome.  I'll be sad when it wears out, because the new ones aren't the same.

Ellis L · · Truckee · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 156

Seems hit or miss, I had the Creek pants that developed many holes in them not long after buying them. On the plus side (this applies for every piece of BD clothing) they have a great warranty and I was able to keep the old pants and choose a new pair to be shipped to me. The Stretch Font pants seem solid so far. DO utilize this warranty!

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,103

like others have said, the sizing is incredibly all over the place (and the helpful charts aren't always very helpful).  overall, there are items i really like, and items i really don't like.  i really don't like the stretch font pants. they run ultra small, and they fit like something a depressed emo band lead singer would wear.  on the other hand, i really like their sharp end shell - very solid.  but i don't really like the sharp end pants - the butt area is way too tight and makes high stepping difficult.  the t-shirts are really weird, i had a bunch and the necks on all of them immediately blew out, just a weird cut/shape for the shirt or something.  i like the gloves, but a bunch of them run really small compared to the charts.  i really really like the alpine and alpine light pants, very nice!

the alpenglow sun hoodies are freaking fantastic. if i had 10 of these they would still all be wrecked all of the time.  i use these for literally every occasion.

i really wish they would bring back the BDV hoody. i would literally sell my soul to the cloven hooved warrior for a couple more of those.

don'tchuffonme · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 26
slim wrote: like others have said, the sizing is incredibly all over the place (and the helpful charts aren't always very helpful).  overall, there are items i really like, and items i really don't like.  i really don't like the stretch font pants. they run ultra small, and they fit like something a depressed emo band lead singer would wear. 

Amen.  It seems almost all of their pants fit like that.  I'm pretty tall and I have a 32/33 waist.  The longest thing they offer is 32.5 inseam for that.  WTF.  I'll skip the Ichabod Crane look.  I love their uppers though.  Almost all the shells and hoodies they make are really good.

Forrest Carver · · Edgecomb, ME · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 150

I got their dogma pants last year in the size I normally wear for everything else (34) and they barely slide over my legs

They seemed like sweet pants, though! great construction.

Also got a hoody and it fit great.

Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1
slim wrote: like others have said, the sizing is incredibly all over the place (and the helpful charts aren't always very helpful).  overall, there are items i really like, and items i really don't like.  i really don't like the stretch font pants. they run ultra small, and they fit like something a depressed emo band lead singer would wear.  on the other hand, i really like their sharp end shell - very solid.  but i don't really like the sharp end pants - the butt area is way too tight and makes high stepping difficult.  the t-shirts are really weird, i had a bunch and the necks on all of them immediately blew out, just a weird cut/shape for the shirt or something.  i like the gloves, but a bunch of them run really small compared to the charts.  i really really like the alpine and alpine light pants, very nice!

the alpenglow sun hoodies are freaking fantastic. if i had 10 of these they would still all be wrecked all of the time.  i use these for literally every occasion.

i really wish they would bring back the BDV hoody. i would literally sell my soul to the cloven hooved warrior for a couple more of those.

X2 on the T-shirt, worst collar ever on a T

Wes C · · Cleveland, oh · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 146

I didn't care for the fit of the dogma pants, but liked the others I got (can't remember the name).  My wife's credit pants blew out quite quickly.  I have a couple of their hoodys and love them.

Chris Owen · · Big Bear Lake · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 11,622

I have the the Sharp End Jacket, Mission Pro Pants, and a Fleece Hoody - I like them all. Fit is good; Large and I'm 6ft and 180lbs.

Gavin Hess · · Wilson, WY · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

I have had the dogma pants for about 3 months now and wear them just about every day. Super comfy and seem durable so far. I am pretty skinny/no hips and really like the built in belt to keep my pants on

AlpineIce · · Upstate, NY · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 255

Most of the items I've purchased from them have been great. I'd agree that sizing's an issue though.

Dylan Pike · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 488

I have several of their jackets and they all seem consistently sized. I'm happy with everything I own.

Perry Norris · · Truckee, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 45

I think their software -- from shorts, to shells, to base layers is really solid. I find stuff runs a little large. 
Sam Wilson · · Asheville, NC · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 125

Just got some Credo pants. The reviews say they’re not very durable, and though I can’t comment on their durability yet, they’re very comfortable and have plenty of stretch. The built-in belt is sweet too.

I also have their first light hoody and it’s one of my favorite pieces. It’s probably a bit less breathable than the arc’teryx atom or the Patagonia nano-air, and it’s not very compressible, but it’s breathable enough and is very warm otherwise. I’ve worn it extensively over the past 9-10 months and I’ve had zero issues with durability 

David N · · Los angeles · Joined May 2017 · Points: 5

The sun hoody they make is the best one I've found - will buy more soon

Doug Chism · · Arlington VA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 45

Ive tried a few offerings but I'm between sizes, large being too large and medium too small. I generally stick to Mountain Hardwear now.

Zachary Winters · · Winthrop, WA · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 430

Alpine Light Pants are my favorite climbing pants ever.

mattm · · TX · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 1,885
Z Winters wrote: Alpine Light Pants are my favorite climbing pants ever.

Sizing ok?  I wear a medium in their BDV and reg alpine pants.  (and pretty much every other brand).  Read the older ones were off a bit.  Need something lighter than the BDV for summer.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "BD Clothes?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started