Mountain Project Logo

Wyoming Montana BC skiing/mountaineering partners

Original Post
jjm · · boston · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

I'm on a road trip and I was planning to be around Wyoming/Montana area mid-April through mid-May. I'd love to find some partners to get out for some BC skiing/ mountaineering or even some ice climbing if there is any left. I have my BCskiing gear (including avy gear) with me and my rock/ice racks. I have AIAIRE 1 and I'm taking AIARE rescue this weekend. I'm more into long tours than into steep skiing. I haven't been climbing much during the last couple years, so I'd be more comfortable leading 5.8/WI3 and following a little more, but I'm always down to go for something easier. The target is to get out and meet some cool people and get to know the mountains around here. I could be quite flexible with dates and traveling, so don't hesitate to hit me if you think we could make something work. Thanks!

Ishani Sawant · · Manali, IN · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 60

I will be in Montana and have time off 25-27th , i haven't been to montana yet but up for some climbing. adventure.ishani@mail.com

Tommy Bass · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1

I'm Montana based, but looking to do some spring skiing in early May in the Tetons and seeking a partner(s).  It sounds like they (as are we here in Bozeman) are waiting for some snow transitions from winter to spring, and then some good freeze/thaw corn cycles to set up.  My best window right now is May 3-6 for the Tetons.  

Otherwise, I'll be working and maybe getting out in and around BZN a little bit.  Let me know how your schedule works out.  I'd be glad to provide any beta local to SW Montana, and maybe get out for a spring warm-up climb, or gym workout if the weather is typical for April...  That offer is open to you both.  Cheers!  

jjm · · boston · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Hello guys, and thanks for replying.

Ishani, I'm sorry but I won't be around for these dates. Great people and pretty good conditions had me staying around the Wasatch longer than originally planned. Hope you find some partners and can get in some good climbing up there.

Tommy, thanks for your offer. I would love to try to make it happen and join you for some skiing in the Tetons. Are you still up for these dates? I would also love having your advice or company to get out around SW Montana. My email: elmataix@gmail.com

Tommy Bass · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1

JoseMat, I emailed yesterday afternoon.  I still pretty set on heading down the end of next week.  In my e-mail, I mentioned some moderate objectives, but I'd be interested to hear what you are hoping for and where we might overlap in goals.  

Cheers,
T

Chad Cooper · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

I've just moved to Gardiner MT for the summer and am looking for some BC partners to get after it while there is still snow. I'm also very into getting out and climbing once the seasons change as well. I've got all my avy gear for BC outings and a rope, rack, and draws for climbing. Feel Free to contact me any time to get some things planned. I have every weekend off and Fridays off as well every other week. (909)921-1613

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, & Dakotas Partners
Post a Reply to "Wyoming Montana BC skiing/mountaineering partners"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started