Mountain Project Logo

Wyoming Montana BC skiing/mountaineering partners

Original Post
JoseMat · · boston · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

I'm on a road trip and I was planning to be around Wyoming/Montana area mid-April through mid-May. I'd love to find some partners to get out for some BC skiing/ mountaineering or even some ice climbing if there is any left. I have my BCskiing gear (including avy gear) with me and my rock/ice racks. I have AIAIRE 1 and I'm taking AIARE rescue this weekend. I'm more into long tours than into steep skiing. I haven't been climbing much during the last couple years, so I'd be more comfortable leading 5.8/WI3 and following a little more, but I'm always down to go for something easier. The target is to get out and meet some cool people and get to know the mountains around here. I could be quite flexible with dates and traveling, so don't hesitate to hit me if you think we could make something work. Thanks!

Ishani Sawant · · india · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

I will be in Montana and have time off 25-27th , i haven't been to montana yet but up for some climbing. adventure.ishani@mail.com

Tommy Bass · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 3

I'm Montana based, but looking to do some spring skiing in early May in the Tetons and seeking a partner(s).  It sounds like they (as are we here in Bozeman) are waiting for some snow transitions from winter to spring, and then some good freeze/thaw corn cycles to set up.  My best window right now is May 3-6 for the Tetons.  

Otherwise, I'll be working and maybe getting out in and around BZN a little bit.  Let me know how your schedule works out.  I'd be glad to provide any beta local to SW Montana, and maybe get out for a spring warm-up climb, or gym workout if the weather is typical for April...  That offer is open to you both.  Cheers!  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Wyoming Montana BC skiing/mountaineering partners"
in the Wyoming, Montana, & Dakotas Partners