Mountain Project Logo

Red Rocks long trad, or sport on 4/13

Original Post
Brice Pollock · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 2,194

Looking for a partner on 4/13. Hoping to get a full day in and get on something long if possible.

I lead up to 5.9 trad (5.10- follow), 5.10+ sport lead and have great jokes. 

Shoot me a message if you wanna hang.

Brice

Miss Mayonnaise · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Brice,

I'm stuck in a group of 3 and I'll be in red rocks from the 10-18 so i'm looking for a partner for some of those days. I'd like to do some long multipitch as well which isn't possible with my current partner setup. I've done a bunch of the classic lines in RR but on follow and would like to maybe swap leads now that i'm a more competent trad leader.

I can lead up to 5.8-9 trad, but i was hoping to push myself to maybe 10a (G rated) this trip as well. Climb sport like 5.10+/11

Oma

Michael Hauss · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 3,017

Maybe interested. Have limited trad experience (about 10 pitches up to 5.10a in the Gunks) and no rack. Can lead much harder (up to 12+ / 13-) in sport, and have alpine and other multipitch experience. I've always wanted to do Epinephrine.

Richard Stohlman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 0

Hey Brice,

I will be getting out there from New York the day before and am without a partner for 4/13. Was planning on doing Crimson Chrysalis with Ginger Crack as our back up. Partner had to delay her arrival a day so I'm on my own. If you are still free, either of those climbs seem to fit what you are looking for. Would want really early start. And/or could do another climb. 

Best, Richard

Looks like there are 4 of us. I'd be psyched to get on whatever. I'd also want to do a really early start for any of the more popular longer routes.

Jordy Clements · · Incline Village, NV · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 41

Sorry to thread hijack, but I'll be in Vegas 4/16 looking for the same thing: long trad or sport. Will any of you be around then?

I've heard that Crimson Chrysalis can be kind of a shitshow, with Frogland or Ginger Cracks generally leading to better day out. Depending on the partner, we could also look at Triassic Sands, Unimpeachable Groping, or some of the other classics.

4/16 is a Monday, so hopefully Red Rock won't be totally overrun. Let me know if you'd like to climb, I have a double rack, single 70m, double 60m...

Sadly I won't be around then. I've done Unimpeachable Groping. It's a generally pleasant / straightforward outing. 

Jordy Clements · · Incline Village, NV · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 41

Thanks for the reply, Michael. Too bad you won't be around. While I have your attention...did you bring any nuts/cams up Groping? MP seems mixed on what's actually necessary to finish the route. 

JordyC Clements wrote: Thanks for the reply, Michael. Too bad you won't be around. While I have your attention...did you bring any nuts/cams up Groping? MP seems mixed on what's actually necessary to finish the route. 

I brought two cams based on reading the MP route description. Forget which sizes. I placed one on the first pitch and one toward the top. Neither felt necessary at all. I only placed them because I had them. 

Brice Pollock · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 2,194

Really early start is the only way to do anything popular out in RR. I'll individual message each of you for phone numbers and start a group message thread.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada Partners
Post a Reply to "Red Rocks long trad, or sport on 4/13"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started