Mountain Project Logo

Climbing Gym in Plymouth, NH?!?!?

Original Post
MattWallace · · Center Harbor, NH · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 8,752

PSU faculty and staff are making a business case to have the university build a climbing gym. Please show your interest by filling out the following survey:

www.tinyurl.com/yb36ce36

Ladd Raine · · Plymouth, NH · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 5,505
Eli Buzzell · · noco · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5,507

Please everyone: fill this out. Currently students and locals drive 40+ miles one way to an expensive and crowded gym. If the college puts up a training facility everyone is better off.

Aunt Patty · · Fryeburg, ME · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 126

Is the only thing they have still the one corner in the athletic center with the same stale 4 routes? I always found it impossible to believe that a school like PSU does not have something a little better. other that Rumney

Dhane Knakkergaard wrote:

Is the only thing they have still the one corner in the athletic center with the same stale 4 routes? I always found it impossible to believe that a school like PSU does not have something a little better. other that Rumney

Yes, that is still it, fill out the survey and help make the wall a reality!

Aunt Patty · · Fryeburg, ME · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 126

Done!

Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

Funny, it will be all these people not from the area responding.

Tom Sherman · · Austin, TX · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 433
Russ Keane wrote:

Funny, it will be all these people not from the area responding.

Lol,

Build that gym! Will make my dream of building a cabin in proximity to Newfound that much sweeter....

Tim Worley · · Missouri City, TX · Joined May 2018 · Points: 1

I'm thinking about applying to grad school in plymouth. Is there any update on the prospect of a climbing wall?

Tim Worley wrote: I'm thinking about applying to grad school in plymouth. Is there any update on the prospect of a climbing wall?

Hi Tim, it is complete, with COVID I am not sure how much there will be access to the public. However, as far as I am aware when it is safe to I believe there will be public hours. Also, Rumney is 10 minutes away so with the exception of the dead of winter and rainy weeks, you have the perfect outdoor gym. 

Eli Buzzell · · noco · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5,507
MattWallace wrote:

Hi Tim, it is complete, with COVID I am not sure how much there will be access to the public. However, as far as I am aware when it is safe to I believe there will be public hours. Also, Rumney is 10 minutes away so with the exception of the dead of winter and rainy weeks, you have the perfect outdoor gym. 

Even rainy weeks and the dead of winter can be braved by those who are motivated!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Climbing Gym in Plymouth, NH?!?!?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started