Mountain Project Logo

Post Other (Not Awesome) Trad Videos Here

Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
David K · · The Road, Sometimes Chattan… · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 423
Adam bloc · · San Golderino, Calirado · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 2,185

My dream forum is here

never a bad time to let this dude’s stuff resurface: https://youtu.be/trR5LcG5bFU https://youtu.be/obhTD42JJK0

Also always a gem: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK6TWymKHx8

Bryan K · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 525

The cringe is strong with these ones.  Seriously, you have to wonder what goes through their heads when they upload these videos.  They must have no shame at all.  They're like the Tommy Wiseaus of YouTube climbing videos.

Chris Haines · · Orem, UT · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 5

Cringed the entire time he walked that undercammed #3 up in that first Gingerbread one.

pat a · · ann arbor, mi · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

How is this even possible?  My 10 year old kid plugs gear 100x faster than the guy in the first couple videos.   Unbelievable.

Jared Moore · · Truckee, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 130

the process of extending that first #2 on the roadside attraction climb was very painful, indeed.  

Cortney L · · Englehood, CO · Joined May 2015 · Points: 42

Its hard to really describe everything I'm feeling after watching those. Mostly anger w. a bit of confusion

climbing coastie · · Wasilla, AK · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 95

After watching that second video I'm beginning to think these videos are a joke. They must have a YouTube channel and are just looking for hits. Why else would you upload these to the net?!?

If they aren't jokes, it's scary that people like this actually climb outside!

Jeremy Bauman · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,067

And here I thought that the American Death Triangle couldn't be improved.. How about that anchor construction on the second one at 20:49?

Hopefully a joke. Hopefully. 

Does anybody have a link to that video where the guy finishes the climb, walks around for a full minute at the top of the cliff, passing multiple large trees while looking for a spot to build a belay, and then inexplicably begins downclimbing and falls?

Adam bloc · · San Golderino, Calirado · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 2,185

These videos are almost an art in someway. I’m thinking of hosting viewing parties where we drink for every missed handjam or any setup that would make you immediately fail an AMGA cert but I think save my organs the suffering.

B Owens · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 60
Adam Block wrote:

These videos are almost an art in someway. I’m thinking of hosting viewing parties where we drink for every missed handjam or any setup that would make you immediately fail an AMGA cert but I think save my organs the suffering.

Most videos make me want to go out and climb, regardless of their quality.  This is the first time that I've watched a video which made me not want to climb.  Worse than the opening scene of Cliffhanger...

Eric Wydeven · · austin, tx · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0

...and put on a shirt.  It's a public forum.

Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

He sure is a bad ass while on the ground. Off the ground I think the fear fully takes over. Watch him on toprope!  “KEEP ME TIGHT BRO!”  Count how many times. 

https://youtu.be/5SOWTNlPVhA

AJ Leiden · · Eau Claire, WI · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0
David Kerkeslager wrote:

Found it. Definitely remembered that description right away.

Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Please sell your gear cheap and never climb again! 

bkozak wrote:

//youtu.be/jd8VT7PfO1A

...in which a significant groundfall occurs with 3 quarters of the video left.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252
bkozak wrote:

//youtu.be/jd8VT7PfO1A

Oh my god!  What a shitshow!  What on Earth would possess a beginner climber to climb that chosspile?  It looks like really low quality limestone, which is shit for pro to begin with.  Was I imagining things, or was he basically placing his cams passively?!  It didn’t seem like he cammed them at all. That poor woman seemed to be really upset that he decked, but it didn’t look like her fault...he was way above his first piece and I doubt it would’ve held.  Anyone who does something that stupid and says “I’m glad we caught that on video!” deserves a Darwin Award...

Ted Pinson wrote:

Oh my god!  What a shitshow!  What on Earth would possess a beginner climber to climb that chosspile?  It looks like really low quality limestone, which is shit for pro to begin with.  Was I imagining things, or was he basically placing his cams passively?!  It didn’t seem like he cammed them at all. That poor woman seemed to be really upset that he decked, but it didn’t look like her fault...he was way above his first piece and I doubt it would’ve held.  Anyone who does something that stupid and says “I’m glad we caught that on video!” deserves a Darwin Award...

I think he gets the cam in an okay placement, but when he decks, his belayer doesn't have any hand on the brake strand.  Pretty sure she just dropped him.  He even acknowledges that in the description, which is pretty hilarious to read.

Kyle Elliott · · Granite falls · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 1,718
Scottmx426 wrote:

He sure is a bad ass while on the ground. Off the ground I think the fear fully takes over. Watch him on toprope!  “KEEP ME TIGHT BRO!”  Count how many times. 

https://youtu.be/5SOWTNlPVhA

When the guidebook fell out of his pocket ...

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started