Mountain Project Logo

What's going on with arc'teryx harnesses?

Original Post
Ben LC · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 75

Seems like most of them are sold out in most sizes both on their websites and other retailers. Any insights on either they're being replaced or if they're discontinuing all their harnesses?

Jason Halladay · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 15,158

Rumor has it they've completely revamped their entire harness line with a new technology called "Nano Helium-X Air" that encapsulates small amounts of helium in the threads to actually give the climber a bit of anti-gravity assist. If you thought their harnesses were pricey before, just wait for the new model with this new technology. 

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

That would definitely be aid.

Joe Prescott · · Berlin Germany · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 6

I think they were just scarce in popular sizes due to a bunch of websites having sales Labor Day sales. It looks looks Moosejaw, which was sold out a week ago, has them back in. I just ordered a FL-365 medium.

JP

Jim Fox · · Westminster, CO · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 50
Jason Halladay wrote:

Rumor has it they've completely revamped their entire harness line with a new technology called "Nano Helium-X Air" that encapsulates small amounts of helium in the threads to actually give the climber a bit of anti-gravity assist. If you thought their harnesses were pricey before, just wait for the new model with this new technology! 

Fly like a dead bird...

JonasMR · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 6
Jason Halladay wrote:

Rumor has it they've completely revamped their entire harness line with a new technology called "Nano Helium-X Air" that encapsulates small amounts of helium in the threads to actually give the climber a bit of anti-gravity assist. If you thought their harnesses were pricey before, just wait for the new model with this new technology! 

They're more expensive because of the cost of labor.  All the new threads are lighter than air, so the harnesses have to be sewn by folks willing to be strapped in to the ceiling. 

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

IDK if anybody has actually decided to go on their website but it would appear that they are getting prepared to either revamp the entire harness line or they have drastically simplified it, I am hoping somebody will finally make my perfect harness.

https://arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?country=de&language=en&gender=Mens&category=Climbing_Gear&subcat=Harnesses

Rob D · · Queens, NY · Joined May 2011 · Points: 30

I love my six year old arcteryx harness.  It's so much more popular than any other harness I've worn.  It made me realize how much more comfortable a well designed harness is over an ultra-padded harness. I tried to replace mine a few months ago and it was almost impossible to find one in my size.  I'm really hoping that they are putting out something cool and not just scaling back. 

chris blatchley · · woodinville, wa · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 6

Check Amazon. That's where I found mind. The manufacture date was recent too so it's not sketchy old stock.

Ben LC · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 75

Reached out to AT about it, here is their response

Thank you for contacting Arc'teryx.

We haven't heard of any plans to replace the harness, though another colourway may be added to the lineup. As this harness is a spring/summer line product, we will likely be restocking them early 2018 when we launch the S/S 2018 collection.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175
Ben LC wrote:

Seems like most of them are sold out in most sizes both on their websites and other retailers. Any insights on either they're being replaced or if they're discontinuing all their harnesses?

climbing friend,

the peoplezes they have decided they very much like naughty crotch bulge of arc'teryx style, subtle accentuation of crotchular / taintular region for "belay" partner to be staring upward on

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Just buy from Black Diamond. They make harnesses that help you send 9c!!!

wes calkins · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 474
Adam Ondra wrote:

Just buy from Black Diamond. They make harnesses that help you send 9c!!!

Sometimes its not the plane, Its the pilot that makes the difference. 

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0
wes calkins wrote:

Sometimes its not the plane, Its the pilot that makes the difference. 

Ah yes, I suppose I am the best climber in the world..

Kyle McEwen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

All Arc'teryx harnesses are hand made in thier own factory in Vancouver, BC. They don't contract those products out to the superfactories in Asia, so sometimes it's hard for them to keep up with demand. Keep your eyes peeled on the website, they are in production basically year round. 

Ray Pinpillage · · West Egg · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 180
JonasMR wrote:

They're more expensive because of the cost of labor.  All the new threads are lighter than air, so the harnesses have to be sewn by folks willing to be strapped in to the ceiling. 

In the People's Republic everyone is willing 24 hours a day.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "What's going on with arc'teryx harnesses?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started