Mountain Project Logo

Unknown Icicle Creek Crag

Original Post
Sean Gertez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Did some sport climbing out at Icicle Creek over the weekend. Intending to climb at Playground Point, we found ourselves on the wrong trail and ended up at some unnamed (apparently) crag somewhere between Playground Point and Clamshell Cove. Rather than waste all day looking for our intended objective, we just set up some top ropes and messed around there. Anyone know if this crag has a name? Or grades of the routes? There were maybe 5 routes with pretty new looking hardware and felt like they were in the 5.10 range...

Here's an aerial of the approximate location. Sorry, no photos of the actual crag.

Viktor Kramar · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

This is Central Park. There are 10 routes.

And it's Clamshell Cave, not cove

Got it. Thanks!

Would you happen to know what the range of grades is? My Leavenworth book is a bit outdated and doesn't include this crag.

Patrick Nygren · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 20
Sean Gertez wrote:

Got it. Thanks!

Would you happen to know what the range of grades is? My Leavenworth book is a bit outdated and doesn't include this crag.

Do you happen to have the Viktor Kramar book? Seems like you're asking the right guy...

You mean the one that's out of print? Yeah...

I have the 2nd edition, which doesn't have this crag in it.

Patrick Nygren · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 20
Sean Gertez wrote:

You mean the one that's out of print? Yeah...

I have the 2nd edition, which doesn't have this crag in it.

I just meant that you got the author of the guidebook to respond to your forum post, and he's working on a new one, so you should be able to get some good beta.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Unknown Icicle Creek Crag"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started