Mountain Project Logo

First set of quickdraws

Pavel Burov · · Russia · Joined May 2013 · Points: 50
BrianWS wrote:

Regarding differentiating rope and bolt end biners

Most likely you miss the point. I was talking about differentiating different length QDs by different shape/size/color bolt end binner (read: the binner you grab to place the draw).

Wes C · · Cleveland, oh · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 146

Has anyone used outdoorplay.com?  I found a set I would like and they are the cheapest there but have never heard of this site.  Is it legit?

Jackson Chambers · · Springville, UT · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 52

Mad Rock Concorde Express Set are the cheapest you can find, and have super good reviews. I love my set and they get the job done in a lightweight fashion. Check out different sites like Backcountry.com, Campsaver.com, SierraTradingPost.com, etc. If any of them have a sale on climbing gear, snag the draws and rob 'em!!

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11
Jackson Chambers wrote:

Mad Rock Concorde Express Set are the cheapest you can find, and have super good reviews. I love my set and they get the job done in a lightweight fashion. Check out different sites like Backcountry.com, Campsaver.com, SierraTradingPost.com, etc. If any of them have a sale on climbing gear, snag the draws and rob 'em!!

Currently $47 for 6 on Backcountry. Can't really beat that. Under $100 for a dozen good draws. 

Nick Lozica · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 120

I got a rack of 12 mad rock concorde QuickDraws for $8 a piece and they are totally bomber. https://www.backcountry.com/mad-rock-concorde-express-quickdraw-set-6-pack

Wes C · · Cleveland, oh · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 146

Ended up ordering 10 petzl djinns just now during the Backcountry sale.  $120 for 10 with free shipping.  Best price I'd seen so I jumped on them.  Thanks all for the input and discussion.  Looking forward to getting them to use this summer.

Nol Huther · · Burlington, VT · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 1,652
Jackson Chambers wrote:

I got these and they're legitimately good draws. I and some of my partners prefer them over the BD and a few of the Petzl ones. I've climbed on Petzl Spirits and those are the only ones I like better, but they're also so expensive- I don't want a set if quickdraws that cost as much as my harness. The Madrock Concordes are cheap, with a nice spring action and feel, and also durable- they've seen sport and trad whips and are holding up great. They are snaggy in bolts when cleaning, but really, I don't care. In sport, that's a problem for when you're done climbing

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Beginning Climbers
Post a Reply to "First set of quickdraws"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started