Mountain Project Logo

Big lot for sale, mix of new and used, trad and sport

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Logan Scott · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

I have a bunch of trad and sport gear that hasnt seen the light of day in a long time, and I have things I could better use the money for that I spent on the stuff. Ideally I'd like to get at least $200 for everything and sell the lot as a whole but I'm more than willing to piece out. 

Here is the lot. 

Set of 4 hexcentrics, sizes 6-9. Purple cord came with the hexs when I bought them but is in good condition, green cord is brand new, bought and threaded it myself.

6 alpine draws and 2 black diamond hotwire draws. Ive inspected and tested each draw, and the hotwires and hotwire biners on the alpine draws came from a trusted friend who only climbed on them once. All other slings and draws were bought from this forum and I was assured they were safe.

1 black diamond C3 #3 (blue), 2 helium friends, #2 and #3 (yellow and red), and 2 older black diamond cams. Purple is 0.5, red sling is 0.75. The 0.75 didn't come with a sling so I made one myself, brand new webbing, never taken a fall. Action of all 3 newer cams is very smooth, action of older cams is slightly sticky but still easy and safe.

Old black diamond nuts, size 1-4. Sizing doesn't quite line up with modern sizing. Will include a picture for comparison with the modern nuts I have.

Black diamond curve nuts, size 5-13 and a black diamond nut tool. All have been climbed on by previous owners, all are still in perfectly good shape with only superficial paint scratching.

Here is a comparison for the old vs. new nuts, the size 1 old nut is only slightly smaller than the new size 5, old size 2 with new size 6, old size 3 with new size 7 and old size 4 with new size 8.

Various slings/runners and 2 PAS's. Green cord is brand new, bought it myself, same with the orange PAS. The locking biner on the orange PAS has superficial wearing of the anodization, the gridlock biner is brand new. Everything else was bought on this forum, I was assured of its safety and have checked and tested all of it.

Pair of ascenders, bought from here and never took them outside the gym but they work perfectly, mechanism is smooth and no damage to either ascender. Biners have some cosmetic damage.

More slings, 3 red I made myself, brand new never taken a fall, and one purple sling I got from here. Ive inspected it and hung from it and its in good condition.

5 assorted biners, 2 hotwires only been climbed on once, one mammut biner I got from here that is in very good condition, one petzl spirit with very little cosmetic damage I bought from here, and one extra BD biner I bought from here. In good condition except for one small gouge, maybe a quarter of a millimeter deep, not sharp edges. I will include a picture of the burr.

I also have 5 dogbones, 4 regular length and one longer that came from a trusted friend who only climbed them once. They are included in the big picture up top. In addition, I have 2 small prusiks I bought on here that are in very good condition. Also one, 50 foot length of paracord I bought at a hardware store, can be used to carry stuff/practice knots/whatever you want, but DO NOT CLIMB ON IT. I also have a nearly-brand new roll of tape available. The ice screw in the big picture up top is an old chouinard screw, one of the first models ever made. Definitely not usable for climbing, but a neat historical piece. I also have a very old chouinard biner that was selected as a test sample from a batch, with the word "tested" stamped on the gate. Again, don't climb on it but I think its a really cool little piece of climbing history. Please PM me with best offers.

Rick L · · Medford, OR · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 50

pd'ed if you decide to piece stuff out

Rodrigo Ducati · · Bronx, NY · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

PM'd on Black Diamond C4 #3

Mattchoo Laurence · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

PM'd on BDC4 #3 if guy above bails

Linnaeus · · ID · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

PM sent on whole lot. 

Jeff Scheuerell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 2,298

I will take it all for 200

Megan Stew · · Davis, CA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hey I'll buy all of it for 200 too if these other guys don't workout

I'd pay more if your going for a bidding thing

Stan Hampton · · St. Charles, MO · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 0

BUYER BEWARE!!!:  most, if not all, of the knots which are supposed to be DOUBLE FISHERMANS KNOTS ARE TIED INCORRECTLY and are unsafe.  Make sure you retie all of them.  This knot is frequently tied incorrectly and most climbers, even experienced, dont even notice it.  If you cant figure it out I will be glad to show what is wrong and how to tie it correctly.  

It looks correct to me, what's the issue rockclimber?  You have my attention.

Tails not long enough?

The double overhand knots are tied incorrectly.  Look closer.  

This is correct. 

Incorrect

Ol Leatherhands · · Olympia, WA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0
rockklimber wrote:

BUYER BEWARE!!!:  most, if not all, of the knots which are supposed to be DOUBLE FISHERMANS KNOTS ARE TIED INCORRECTLY and are unsafe.  Make sure you retie all of them.  This knot is frequently tied incorrectly and most climbers, even experienced, dont even notice it.  If you cant figure it out I will be glad to show what is wrong and how to tie it correctly.  

Truth.

Green/yellow/blue is correct.  Orange/yellow/blue is not

I would also argue that the tails are too short

On the purple cord, definitely. 

Logan Scott · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Purple cord was all done by previous owners, though I agree the tails are too short. Also, bump.

Jeff Scheuerell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 2,298

Bump? You ask for $200 and I offer $200 and so have others  we get no reply and now a bump?

Daniel T · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 35

PM sent on pieces of gear. maybe you will respond.

Firestone · · California · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 186

Orange PAS is definitely just a daisy chain.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started