Mountain Project Logo

Beastmaker 1000 - where to buy?

Original Post
Jack Stephenson · · Dadeville, AL · Joined May 2016 · Points: 25

I've been on the hunt for one of these guys for a while. The Boulder office for beastmaker is unresponsive and I've hit a dead end in my search. Am I missing something? Id like to buy domestically to avoid the shipping costs.

Derrek Anderson · · Albany, NY · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 315

Have occasionally seen them on Amazon.

Vanilla Drilla From Manila · · Goiter, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 50

Shipping is 10 gbp from U.K.

Tony Monbetsu · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 616

I wanted to buy a Beastmaker a while ago and hit the same roadblock; US carriers seem perpetually out of stock and unresponsive, and shipping from the UK was expensive. I ended up getting a Tension Climbing Whetstone board, a wooden split hangboard made in the US. Shipping and service was pretty good for a small handmade outfit, and I've been happy with the board. The smaller two holds on the board are very difficult for me (V4/5 level on a good day), so I feel like I'll have plenty of room to grow on it. It's another option to consider.

Nick Drake · · Kent, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 651
Tony Monbetsu wrote:I wanted to buy a Beastmaker a while ago and hit the same roadblock; US carriers seem perpetually out of stock and unresponsive, and shipping from the UK was expensive. I ended up getting a Tension Climbing Whetstone board, a wooden split hangboard made in the US. Shipping and service was pretty good for a small handmade outfit, and I've been happy with the board. The smaller two holds on the board are very difficult for me (V4/5 level on a good day), so I feel like I'll have plenty of room to grow on it. It's another option to consider.
Tony I did the same, I also ordered two .75" flat holds from them. I find size more useful for adding weight because I can only get one pad on. The 1" edge has a big radius so it's almost like 1 pad, but I get skin contact past the dip joint in an open hang. That extra bit of contact means I can cheat adding more weight and end up with a funky callus.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Beastmaker 1000 - where to buy?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started