Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a climbing partner in Cambridge, MA

Original Post
Anna Finn · · MA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I am new to this region due to an academic fellowship here! I normally go once or twice per week climbing indoor and outdoors. If you somebody looks for a climbing partner in Cambridge/somerville - let me know.
Brooklyn boulders somerville seems pretty close!

Climb On · · Everywhere · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Pm sent

wivanoff · · Northeast, USA · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 674
Adrienne DiRosario wrote:Pm sent
Hey, I think I recognize your name. Did I meet you and Colleen on YYYY this summer?
Noah Haber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 78
Anna Finn wrote:I am new to this region due to an academic fellowship here! I normally go once or twice per week climbing indoor and outdoors. If you somebody looks for a climbing partner in Cambridge/somerville - let me know. Brooklyn boulders somerville seems pretty close!
Best bet to start is to find the gym community that you like the most and meet people there. You will hear very differing opinions on BKB. And by differing opinions, I mean a lot of climbers hate it. There are a few threads here about gym preferences in the Boston/Cambridge/Somerville area to give you an idea of why.
peterfogg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 32

Hey, I live pretty close to BKB so that's my typical gym and I'm always down to climb with new people. If you're looking to get out and climb some trad or sport when the weather starts getting nicer that would be cool too!

It's true that you'll hear different opinions on BKB -- it's the priciest gym around Boston and it doesn't have too much of an outdoor focus compared to Metro or CRG, but I think the facility and setting are pretty solid (and the location can't be beat).

mbk · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Just be sure to occasionally climb somewhere else or you will never learn to smear.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Looking for a climbing partner in Cambridge, MA"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started