Mountain Project Logo

Need Seattle Airport Parking Beta

Original Post
Sam Cannon · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined May 2012 · Points: 924

Hey Peeps,

I'm flying to UT for 9 days of glorious desert bigwall'ing, but the crux is proving to be what to do with my car.

What's the best way to approach the Seattle airport (coming from Leavenworth)? I had a customer at my bar tell me to take the Light Rail into the airport and that I could leave my car in the parking lot of the Rail. Can anyone confirm or refute? If I can, is there a particular stop you recommend?

If that's not an option, what's going to be the cheapest place to leave my vehicle for this long? I'm a man of modest means!

It will cost me about $25 in gas to get to the airport/back - one of my other options is to take a shuttle but that's $85 roundtrip and I feel I can definitely do cheaper than that.

Any local beta greatly appreciated!

Todd Anderson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 160

Parking regs here: soundtransit.org/Rider-Guid…

The light rail is indeed super convenient, if you can find somewhere to park your car. Looks like you aren't supposed to leave your car unattended for more than 24 hours though. You might consider asking Seattle Bouldering Project if you could leave your car in their lot, although they probably wouldn't like it.

Ashort · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 56

Leave your car at home and take the light rail.

If you don't live near the light rail take a bus to a light rail stop, or uber.

Todd Anderson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 160
Ashort wrote:Leave your car at home and take the light rail. If you don't live near the light rail take a bus to a light rail stop, or uber.
That's going to be an expensive Uber coming from Leavenworth!

Actually though, if you can hitch a ride with someone that would be the best option. Post up here and CascadeClimbers and see if anyone is making the drive?

Ashort as mentioned the only problem is I'm coming from Leavenworth. I have an option to take a shuttle from here but @ $85 I was hoping to be able to find a cheaper way.

But thanks for the chiming in!

Oh, that would have been good info in the OP, we're not mind readers.

Whoops sorry thought I put my location - it's listed as where I'm from on the right. Will correct that, thanks!

Take a look at this map

web6.seattle.gov/SDOT/Seatt…

Look for the unrestricted zones. You may be able to find one close enough to a light rail stop that you can take a bus or uber to the light rail. Typically you can get away with 3 days of parking on the street without moving, but I've left my car for longer. You might be risking a ticket if you leave you car for 9 days, but $25 of gas + $50 ticket would still be cheaper than the shuttle.

Just a thought, good luck.

WMcD · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 177

I used spothero.com to park my van fairly cheaply near the Seattle airport this past summer. They sell off excess parking spots at airport hotels for cheap. I don't remember exactly how much I paid but it was way less than standard long-term parking rates. I had a super early flight and just slept in my van in the hotel lot the night before my flight. It was convenient and cheap. And it looks like there are coupon codes if you google around a bit.

Thanks!

Skibo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 5
airportparkingreservations.…
Should be able to get something close to the airport, with shuttle, for about $5/day. Used it lots.
Greg Bessoni · · Killingworth, CT · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

maybe not the cheapest but Seatacpark.com is a good option you can book on parkingaccess.com for $10.36 per day

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

What do you guys think the price was 3 years ago.....when the thread was posted.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Need Seattle Airport Parking Beta"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started