Mountain Project Logo

wtf black diamond

Original Post
grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Why are you ALWAYS out of stock for x4s and smaller c4s? I just want to buy a whole set of cams and youre always f***ing out of at least 2 sizes. Step your game up because I'm about to buy some mastercams.

Can someone explain why

Buff Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 1,145

PAS super-powers more effective than ever

Nick Drake · · Kent, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 651

That happened to me with OZ biners. I wanted more for alpine draws, kept logging in with a dealer account waiting to order and after 8 months I finally gave up. Bought wild country astros on sale from someone else instead.

Squeak · · Perth West OZ · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 21
grog m wrote:Why are you ALWAYS out of stock for x4s and smaller c4s? I just want to buy a whole set of cams and youre always f***ing out of at least 2 sizes. Step your game up because I'm about to buy some mastercams. Can someone explain why

I would think that now BD has the ultra-lights, that they will phase out, or reduce focus on the C4s.
I too has noticed a lot of places with limited stock of them.

will ar · · Vermont · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 290

Often manufacturers prefer to distribute their stuff through retailers because it is more efficient than selling items one at a time through retail themselves. Use google, I easily found multiple sites selling X4s, on sale no less.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0
Squeak wrote: I would think that now BD has the ultra-lights, that they will phase out, or reduce focus on the C4s. I too has noticed a lot of places with limited stock of them.

Hopefully they don't phase out C4s I would go to a different maker over switching to them. I like the cables I don't care if they weigh more it makes me feel better about using a 10 year old cam.

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

Wild country seems to be on the level now.

I agree with you, I noticed a slight drop in durability when camalots became c4's, the design really can't afford another weight drop.

Most people keep their cams 10-20 years if they don't get too tweaked. Maybe bd is marketing obsolescence?

Creed Archibald · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,026

According to a friend at BD they will make the C4 and the ultralight. I hope so.

T340 · · Idaho · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 5
ViperScale wrote: Hopefully they don't phase out C4s I would go to a different maker over switching to them. I like the cables I don't care if they weigh more it makes me feel better about using a 10 year old cam.

I agree! The C4s are just about perfect as is, though I have been running the new Metolius UL Mastercams and am impressed. However, I don't see them replacing the BD's on my rack -rather, supplementing them.

Khoi · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 50

I'm pretty sure Black Diamond has gone on record and said that they will continue to make C4s, AND, that the Ultralights are only intended to supplement their cam offerings, not replace the C4s.

Look, how many years have the X4s been out? And BD is still making C3s!

I don't think C4 fans ought to worry.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Just buy the new Mastercams, they're better any ways.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3_EaRP0oak
insert "black diamond", "Yvon Chouinard" and "Metolius" when needed.

Chase Bowman · · Durango, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 965

http://www.gearexpress.com/black-diamond-c4-camalots-7.html

Thread over

walmongr · · Gilbert AZ · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 156

http://www.backcountry.com/black-diamond-camalot-x4?skid=BLD3430-RD-S1&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6eDQ6MToyOng0

Here to!!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "wtf black diamond"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.