Mountain Project Logo

Maryland

Original Post
Trever O'Brien · · SD · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 25

Anyone around the Emmitsburg area climbing this time of year? Ill be out in the area at the end of the month beginning of February just wondering what is going on out there. I would like to climb but even some bouldering would be ok. Any advice or thoughts would be good. I will be without a car and pretty much stuck around the town of Emmitsburg. Thanks!

Teddy Funger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

I grew up in MD, although a different area. I would suggest bringing warm clothes if you are planning on climbing outdoors, as it can easily go below freezing. Then again, you might get lucky and it will be warm enough to wear a t-shirt.

Peter BrownWhale · · Randallstown, MD · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 21

Closest thing to you would be Wolf Rock in Catoctin, not the best time of year for outdoor climbing though

Robin Close · · Columbia, Maryland · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 81

The snow coming in may cause an issue, but there's plenty of decent bouldering around that area that people hit straight through the winter. If you're on Facebook, you should post something on the Climb Maryland group and see if anyone wants to meet up.

Trever O'Brien · · SD · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 25

Robin Close where is the bouldering located?

Robin Close · · Columbia, Maryland · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 81

Unfortunately the closest bouldering to Emmitsburg in Catoctin is closed to climbers at the moment, but just south of there are several small areas. If you go here ( cliffcloud.com/) you can see them on a map just to get an idea. Guessing that most of the boulders will still be snowy for a few days.

Jeff Beavers · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 225

As of yesterday, bouldering at Catoctin Mountain is open again.

rockandice.com/climbing-new…

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Maryland"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.