Mountain Project Logo

Ban white chalk on public lands!

Luke R · · Athens, GA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 704

This thread is ridiculous

Michael Brady · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,362

^ +1

adrianna melody wrote:Why not just buy rock colored chalk?? Isnt crazy obvious on the rocks. Purchalk makes them for all rock types.. onsightgear.com/collections…
If you read the thread this has already been discussed. Not really a great alternative.
Sean Brokaw · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 5

I think a line of chalked holds going up a beautiful rock face looks kinda cool.

Daryl Allan · · Sierra Vista, AZ · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 1,040

All you can spray LNT buffet

rushless

F it. Lets use pink chalk.

Eli Buzzell · · noco · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5,507
Mike Brady wrote:F it. Lets use pink chalk.
F*ck climbing, it's dumb anyway. Let's just turn all crags into a 24/7 Holi Festival. That will be way more fun than sending.

Paul Ross · · Keswick, Cumbria · Joined Apr 2001 · Points: 22,236

I know its not a popular comment but I have very rarely used chalk.. pretty much never on sandstone . However I do realize that if holds on most of the more difficult climbs were not chalked (marked) many climbers would not succeed . They would be back to 5.8/9 .. Anyway as I have observed it seems to be a twitchy habit rather than a necessity!

Joel Allen · · La Crosse, WI · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 265
Daryl Allan wrote:All you can spray LNT buffet
You think George's face goes free? Probably X rated but a little chalk could negate that.
Eli Buzzell wrote: F*ck climbing, it's dumb anyway. Let's just turn all crags into a 24/7 Holi Festival. That will be way more fun than sending.
That is what made me think of the pink chalk. I think we should start a new thread and call it "F climbing, its dumb. The adventure you are having is not as bad ass as you think it is and the Holi festival is a lot more fun" or "Climbing is dead: The dilution of a spiritual journey because of uninformed noob-ism".

Maybe we could mix the Holi fest with climbing. lots of chalk, massive crowds and lots of tourists that don't really know why they are there...oh wait we are already doing that.

I don't know where I'm going with this. And to think this thread started with a troll.
Daniel Winder · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 101
USBRIT wrote:Anyway as I have observed it seems to be a twitchy habit rather than a necessity!
You've obviously never shook my hand.
Paul Ross · · Keswick, Cumbria · Joined Apr 2001 · Points: 22,236
Daniel Winder wrote: You've obviously never shook my hand.
It would of course depend on what you had been doing with it !
USBRIT wrote: It would of course depend on what you had been doing with it !
Either way they are balmy
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Ban white chalk on public lands!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started