Mountain Project Logo

You get bored in a flatland city, ya know?

Original Post
Dylan D · · Asheville, NC, USA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 35
youtube.com/watch?v=fGWmxyf…

the cop was actually pretty nice about it. just the typical safety talk (since he did this for boyscouts and knows all about it). bad quality video, but i wasn't the one taping! oh yeah, i suck at crack climbing...

flame on.
Jeremy Riesberg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 5

Haha that was pretty awesome. What would you grade it?

NC Rock Climber · · The Oven, AKA Phoenix · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 60

What a fun video! Good for you for getting after it and making do with what you have available!

Nick Stayner · · Wymont Kingdom · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 2,315

Very nice!

Andy Day · · London, UK · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0

Awesome stuff. I've just posted this in the forum over on buildering.net and to be honest, we'd love to get some more details on the ascent. If you fancy writing something up, I'll post it to the front page. :)

More please. ;)

Andy.

Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi? · · Vegas · Joined May 2005 · Points: 4,115

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

The cop was pretty cool, but I couldn't help but imagine how some trigger happy cops in Vegas might have reacted to one's buildering.:( That'd totally suck to be tased off the climb, and arrested on such a fine splitter crack...

With that being said, thank goodness we have Red Rock in our backyard in Sin City!

Thanks for the positive response guys! As I was placing my first piece a woman looked at me and immediately pulled out her cell phone so I'm guessing that's who called the police. But I couldn't believe I got off Scott free. My friend belaying me was pissed he didn't get to climb it. And the cop said to ask for permission next time! It started with wide hands then at the top 15 ft was an overcammed 3 but perfect hands so no pro needed. Another perfect hand crack in another corner is still awaiting a FA. I placed 3 3s btw. And thanks Andy for spreading the vid!

Jon Zucco · · Denver, CO · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 245

Dude, nice work! How'd you clean the gear?

Zack S. · · Prescott, AZ · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 35

Nice send, but you should be charged with a felony for wearing those hand jammies.

Monty · · Golden, CO · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 3,525
Zack S. wrote:Nice send, but you should be charged with a felony for wearing those hand jammies.
AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Zack S. wrote:Nice send, but you should be charged with a felony for wearing those hand jammies.
pshh. those ain't hand jammies, that's the last 3 feet of tape we had after i forgot my tape gloves at home. had to scrounge for that too.

that crack is about 4 ft deep so i just walked the cam through to the garage side after i untied myself and dropped the rope
Burghschred Aliberti · · Bend, OR · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 105
Dylan Dwyer wrote: that crack is about 4 ft deep so i just walked the cam through to the garage side after i untied myself and dropped the rope
So... you lied to the cop? I mean, obviously it's safer to just top out than lower on a cam, but you didn't have to top out to retrieve them with that method, correct?

Correct. I told a fib so that I could finish the crime. First time he told me to come down I was thinking, then said, "man I've gotta go to the top"

Burghschred Aliberti · · Bend, OR · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 105
Dylan Dwyer wrote:Correct. I told a fib so that I could finish the crime.
http://youtu.be/VL4xRwl1f3A
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "You get bored in a flatland city, ya know?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started