Mountain Project Logo

Cordless Drills

Burton Lindquist · · Madison, WI · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 3,290

3.9 pounds tool weight with battery.

C. Williams · · the Climber Cave · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 1,152

I have been using that 12v Milwaukee for bolting on lead and I love it. It will do about 12 3/8x3" holes in good granite with a fresh bit. I've used it down to 0 degrees with no loss in power too. Can't say that for the Bosch drills.

Burton Lindquist · · Madison, WI · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 3,290

Home Depot recently had this 12v Milwaukee hammer-drill set-up on sale online. Not sure if still out there at the price of $200. Comes (or came) with 2 battery units, the charger unit, and a nice plastic case.

cashmab · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,795

Agree that you should save up or get a few buddies together to pool some funds together. I picked up a brand new Boschhammer 36V SDS on ebay for $350. Just be patient and wait around for a good deal.

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,065

today I got to use the chipper only feature on my 18v milwuakee.
Took out a whole shower worth of wall tile in about an hour with an SDS tile chisel bit.

+1 for the 18 v milwuakee. That job would have been a total bitch without it.

harly alice · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Informative

Francis Haden · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 9

Second many of the comments regarding the lighter 18v drills powered by lithium ion batteries. Hilti 36v TE-4 and TE-6 (A) series drills are excellent but very heavy compared to the Bosch 18v / equivalent. Other advantages can be found when using other tools such as cordless angle grinders that share the same power packs.

https://francishaden.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/drills-for-bolting/ 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Cordless Drills"
in the Fixed Hardware: Bolts & Anchors