Mountain Project Logo

Post Awesome Trad Movies Here

Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1
David K · · The Road, Sometimes Chattan… · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 423
baldclimber wrote:

That's only half the video.  Here's the complete one:

Thanks! I could only find the edited version, glad someone found the full! It would be a travesty if this were lost in time.

SethG · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 291
Ken Duncan wrote: Bolted but trad style.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FgjoFv33kKk

Clickable: Of the Rock I Asked for the Moon

I think it has been posted before. It is a beautiful film.
SethG wrote:

Clickable: Of the Rock I Asked for the Moon

I think it has been posted before. It is a beautiful film.

What's going on with the belay at 4:45? :O

Paul Ross · · Keswick, Cumbria · Joined Apr 2001 · Points: 22,236
Snah Ntrm · · Seattle · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0
David Kerkeslager wrote:

What's going on with the belay at 4:45? :O

Looks like standard guide mode to me. Am I missing something?

Tyler Newcomb · · New York, New York | Boston · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 81
SethG wrote:

Looks like standard guide mode to me. Am I missing something?

The device is out of frame but yeah, nothing looks wrong to me. 

I guess it makes sense that it could be a guide mode device out of frame. However, she's still taking her hand off the brake strand every pull.

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 148

This one has got to be here already but at 44 pages in the thread I didn't see it right off and its so worthy.

buwhahahah pictures of the crappy cam that held Lisa's whip. :)

Ross Goldberg · · El Segundo · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 143
Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote: This one has got to be here already but at 44 pages in the thread I didn't see it right off and its so worthy.

hahah pictures of the crappy cam that held Lisa's whip. :)

I feel like I needed a cigarette after watching that perfect nut placement 

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 148
Nate Tastic wrote: I like crappy cam, it did its job. 

If I catch you placing cams like that, NO BLESSINGS FOR JOO.

:P
David Kerkeslager wrote: I guess it makes sense that it could be a guide mode device out of frame. However, she's still taking her hand off the brake strand every pull.

How do you think guides bring up two at the same time? Just like that.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252
Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote: This one has got to be here already but at 44 pages in the thread I didn't see it right off and its so worthy.

buwhahahah pictures of the crappy cam that held Lisa's whip. :)

I saw her place that, thought “oh shit, I hope she doesn’t fall on that...” LOL.

Franck Vee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 260

A recent one - more alpine style.

Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote:

How do you think guides bring up two at the same time? Just like that.

Interesting. I started this thread to discuss without polluting this one.

Bryce Adamson · · Burlington, CT · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 1,392
Franck Vee wrote: A recent one - more alpine style.

Make sure you watch past the credits to 15:06. classic!

Jeff Scheuerell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 2,333

Hand never comes off the rope, what am I missing???

About "A World Above"-- nice film but I felt a little bit misled! The overall impression that the film creates is that this was a ground-up on-sight send of the route. They make it sound like they picked the line and just did it from bottom to top. The female climber even says they sent the whole route "on-sight" at one point in the movie. But in some of the footage you can see one of the leaders reaching for a hold that is already chalked up, and then later when they are on the bivy ledge one guy talks about the next pitch being his likely crux pitch because previously he had needed to work out the hardest bits for quite some time. Nothing wrong with working the pitches before sending, but I wonder why they chose to obscure this the way that they did-- and not very well.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236
SethG wrote: About "A World Above"-- nice film but I felt a little bit misled! The overall impression that the film creates is that this was a ground-up on-sight send of the route. They make it sound like they picked the line and just did it from bottom to top. The female climber even says they sent the whole route "on-sight" at one point in the movie. But in some of the footage you can see one of the leaders reaching for a hold that is already chalked up, and then later when they are on the bivy ledge one guy talks about the next pitch being his likely crux pitch because previously he had needed to work out the hardest bits for quite some time. Nothing wrong with working the pitches before sending, but I wonder why they chose to obscure this the way that they did-- and not very well.

I don't think they tried to obscure anything, i think what you'll find on these big walls when you have allot of good climbers going in on it each climbers wants to try and lead every pitch, so while they may have gone on sight for her the other guy had to heavily work the 4th pitch from the top, you can see this in the incredible hulk video earlier in the thread where Emily is giving alex beta and the draws had already been hung.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started