Mountain Project Logo

Toggle on/off topo markings on photos

Original Post
bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,623

It would be cool if users could see photos both with and without the topo data markings. Sometimes these cover features on the rock in the photo and it would be nice to be able to toggle on/off the topo markings.

No problem if this is not doable. Ive just had a few instances where it would have been nice.

Austin Donisan · · San Mateo, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 753

You've always been able to do that on the website (I don't think you can on the apps though).

There used to be a checkbox for this, but I just looked and it's been replaced with an incredibly hard-to-notice selector below the photo.


Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229

An update is in progress to address the toggle/checkbox change. Noted for adding to the app. Thanks!  

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229

This should be updated with "Topo lines On" toggle.

e.g. mountainproject.com/photo/2…

Jon Nelson · · Redmond, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 9,193

Thanks Zander, I like the improvement. However, an issue remains: We can only toggle on-off the topo lines on the original photo. If we have a topo image that is shared (copied) with several routes, then on all the other routes we have no toggle. 

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229

Thanks, Jon. I'm seeing that, too. I'll have Craig take a look asap. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Toggle on/off topo markings on photos"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.