Mountain Project Logo

Weird Tick Bug

Original Post
Daniel Safford · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 70

I keep getting lots of ticks automatically being added that I have to manually delete from my list. Have no idea what is causing it.

Here is a photo of my tick list. I only climbed and ticked J Crack once.

James Fulton · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2019 · Points: 49

I ticked gold rush once and it now has 202. I ticked JR Token once and it now has 244. Another route I climbed this day only repeated itself one time. 

Daniel Safford · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 70
James Fulton wrote:

I ticked gold rush once and it now has 202. I ticked JR Token once and it now has 244. Another route I climbed this day only repeated itself one time. 

Maybe MTN project is telling us we need to get back on these routes? haha

James Fulton · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2019 · Points: 49

The ticks had been growing and growing for the past two weeks, so I just manually deleted all 700+ ticks between the three routes it did it on. I was scared it would keep growing and then be irreversible. That was exhausting 

Matt Brunell · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 439

I've had a similar problem. the last ~30 routes I have ticked, I immediately see it ticked twice. Using the iphone app.

Daniel Safford · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 70

I am also using the iOS app.

Matt Dalton · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Feb 2021 · Points: 90

I am also having similar issues. Every route I tick creates two tick entries and one route I ticked got 50+ ticks after I tried to delete some.

Edit: I am also using the iOS app 

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229

Sorry all! Working on it ASAP. 

WHAM . · · Utah · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 1

I thought this was going to be an alpha gal thread

climbing coastie · · Wasilla, AK · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 95
Zander Göpfert wrote:

Sorry all! Working on it ASAP. 

Appreciate it!

Chase Popp · · Bailey, CO · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 36

I have to say, this tick bug is extremely infuriating. What an absolute mess. I've had to manually delete hundreds of duplicate ticks for like the past 2 weeks. 

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229

Very sorry, Chase. We're hopeful that the fix will include removing all the duplicates, but that doesn't get you the time back that you spent doing it manually.

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229

The first fix to stop more duplicates is live, please let us know if you see it happening anywhere.

The next fix to clean up the duplicates is in progress. Maybe by tomorrow but likely next week. 

Daniel Safford · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 70
Zander Göpfert wrote:

The first fix to stop more duplicates is live, please let us know if you see it happening anywhere.

The next fix to clean up the duplicates is in progress. Maybe by tomorrow but likely next week. 

Thanks for working on this Zander. Will let you know if I see any more issues!

Matt Brunell · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 439

did the fix involve removing the duplicated ticks from accounts?
I'm now seeing that I'm missing quite a few ticks (zero ticks on route I had done). I'm curious if my clean up efforts were doubled and then something cleared the last one too.

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229
Matt Brunell wrote:

did the fix involve removing the duplicated ticks from accounts?
I'm now seeing that I'm missing quite a few ticks (zero ticks on route I had done). I'm curious if my clean up efforts were doubled and then something cleared the last one too.

Would you send me the route you're not seeing a tick for? There's likely an issue with the automated cleanup when a user did some manual cleanup, too. 

Matt Brunell · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 439
Zander Göpfert wrote:

Would you send me the route you're not seeing a tick for? There's likely an issue with the automated cleanup when a user did some manual cleanup, too. 

shoot, I fixed it manually.

But I'm pretty sure it was these two routes:

Gondolier Arete - the canal zone - 7/2/26

Panama Red - the canal zone - 7/2/26

And it being "deleted" may be indicative of a different problem with consistency between the web version and the MP iOS app.

I ticked the route Wild Child (clear creek canyon - the mission wall) on 7/10/26.

In MS edge, I see a single tick.

In the Mtn Project app -> I see 28 ticks. (I had a notes comment that was replicated for each as well)

app version: 4.7.4(build 1576)

Another web vs App observation:

App - in settings, sync status, Ticks - 1086 Synced

Web - Ticks - 1088 

very strange to see the web have a higher tick setting, I'm mostly ticking things from the app.

Refreshing from app didn't change the value.

Matt Brunell · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 439
Zander Göpfert wrote:

Would you send me the route you're not seeing a tick for? There's likely an issue with the automated cleanup when a user did some manual cleanup, too. 

I uninstalled the mp app and reinstalled.

That appeared to correct the remaining tick issue on wild child (28->1 tick)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Weird Tick Bug"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.