Mountain Project Logo

Consistent Partner for Index (and other stuff too)

Original Post
Ben jamin · · Ann Arbor, MI · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 2,439

Looking for a consistent climbing partner for Index and other stuff.

To put it simply I haven't really had a main Index partner since my friend died about three years ago and am hoping to try to find one. I've been climbing alone a lot and have been kind of losing my stoke as a result. When I lived in Utah I ended up finding partners on this forum and ended up making some really good friends, so hoping for the best.

I've got a lot of occasional climbing partners, who I climb with sometimes, but they all sort of have their main crew and I kind of feel like the backup. I also do a lot of TR solo and lead solo, so I don't really need more folks to climb with here and there or intermittently. That's not really the issue.

About Me:

- I'm 37 and live in Seattle. Originally from Michigan. I work in analytics and coach high school basketball on the side.

- I mostly climb in Index but I also really like the Middle Fork of Snoqualmie. I recently wrote the new guidebook for Index, which is shipping out soon. I've done a lot of first ascents around Index and am trying to shift into more of a stewardship type of role.

- I mostly like trad, some sport, and some aid. Not much for boulders but I will if I have to. I mostly prefer 5.10s and 11s, but like to dabble in other grades too. I try not to take climbing too seriously. I just like getting outside with friends.

- I've been climbing for about 11 years. Never had an injury or injured partner. Climbed El Cap twice (Nose, Salathe), and about 25-30 of the 50 Classics. I like big adventure climbs and am generally pretty competent.

What I'm looking for in a climbing partner

- Someone in my general age range ideally (30-50ish)

- Climbing in my general grade range (5.10s - 5.11s)

- Experience climbing safely

- Bonus points if you're in a couple and your gf/wife climbs. I got married about a year ago and my wife keeps saying we need to find a couple to climb with

- Doesn't take this shit too seriously 

If you read through all that and thought hey that sounds cool, give me a shout on here and let's climb.

K M · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 210

DM sent. 

Weston Spivia · · Lake Stevens · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 20

Hi Ben,

Message sent at well.

Weston

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Consistent Partner for Index (and other stuff too)"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.