Mountain Project Logo

Spam Bots Moving To DMs

Original Post
Tal M · · Denver, CO · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 6,786

Been getting some spam messages in my DMs here. As far as I'm aware, there's no way to report a user who has no contributions on MP, so I'm not even sure how to make the relevant folks aware (nor who to even make aware). Just a heads up for the powers that be for MP.

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229

Thanks, Tal. If you want to forward me the email, I can disable the responsible account. Totally optional but that would be the best way to report the user. 

zander@adventureprojects.net

(I think the meme thread is rubbing off on me because I almost created a Samuel L Jackson, Snakes on a Plane meme about spam bots on MP) 

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 229

Any chance the spam message was from this user https://www.mountainproject.com/user/203424378/cheng-jang?

Tal M · · Denver, CO · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 6,786
Zander Göpfert wrote:

Any chance the spam message was from this user https://www.mountainproject.com/user/203424378/cheng-jang?

That would be the one

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Spam Bots Moving To DMs"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.