Mini Jet Fan?
|
|
Before the troll comments roll in, yes, I know bouldering is stupid. Anyways, does anyone have experience using those tiny jet fans? They’re made for stuff like blowing out electronics but I’ve seen them around and it kind of looks like a game changer as someone who loves climbing with a fan outdoors. I think that it makes a world of difference, so it would make sense that higher intensity in a smaller package is a win win. I just ordered one for like 20 bucks and I’m excited to try it out. Anyone else on the tiny fan game? |
|
|
Yep, I've been seeing people use them at the crag. Last time I was at Red Rock there was someone with a prototype stick brush with a fan built in. |
|
|
|
|
|
They're effective, but super loud and annoying. Total vibe killer. I'd rather hear Fetty Wap turned up to 11 on the JBL than a chorus of mini jets ready for takeoff. |
|
|
I use one for route developing to clear drill dust. Most of the time I use a Harbor Freight 20v blower/pump that works great but is obviously bigger and heavier. The small one like you are referring is great for smaller jobs though. |
|
|
I use them for development to blow off drill dust and would describe them as absolutely indispensable for that purpose. I don't think they would have any use for cooling off/blowing on you though if that's what you are asking about. if you want to clean a route, blow off dirt, chalk etc though they are excellent. |
|
|
Kevin Mokracek wrote: As do I, but the one I have used is no joke! |
|
|
can anyone on this thread recommend a specific brand/ model? thanks in advance. |
|
|
Chronically Injured wrote: Use it to blow out my glue in bolt holes, works great for that as others have said. Not enough cfm for a cooling application though and the battery life is not great |
|
|
steven wang wrote: Sandstone Erosionmaxxing |
|
|
They’re unbelievably irritating to hear in the boulders. |
|
|
Kevin newell wrote: I have a makita jet fan for blowing out bolt holes at work. It works great for blowing debris off of new climbs as well. Just the 18v works great! |
|
|
cool thanks for the beta and perspectives.... im usually solo and try to be very conscious of my impacts visually, audibly, and physically :) |





