Mountain Project Logo

Route in Black Hills’ Needles near Playground

Original Post
Heidi Badaracco · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 21

Hi!  My name is Heidi Badaracco.  I am looking for a rock climb that Paul Piana and I did the first ascent of in the Black Hills, or Needles, of South Dakota.  It is near what we call the playground area.  Paul named the climb “storybook kisser.”  It’s rated solid 5.11; we thought .11b or .11c.  I can’t find it on mountain project. Do you know if the name was changed?  I’m thinking Paul may have changed it after we got divorced 🥲 (that’s a little bit of a joke), but honestly, I looked on Mt. Project and couldn’t find it.  Email me at hbad1962@gmail.com if you have any information.  Maybe I just need to add it to Mt. Project(?)

Thanks,

Heidi

Eric Stone · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 865

It's in the Busse/Burr 2012 guidebook. Page 257. Graded -5.12. You and Paul are listed as the FA 1990. 

Heidi Badaracco · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 21

Thank you, Eric, for your reply!  I will make an effort to add it to Mountain Project.

Heidi

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Sport Climbing
Post a Reply to "Route in Black Hills’ Needles near Playground"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.