It sure would be nice to see this little film. Not to brag or nuthin' but I was one of the original DLFA from back in 1976/77. I climbed at the lake with Bill Russell and went to the Valley in the spring of 1978. I stayed there. The Lake was a really good place to learn to climb and a ton of fun. I would return occasionally. The real deciphering of DLFA is Devil's Lake Fuk-nes Association. Yeah, so there's only one S at the end of fuk-nes!
Special thanks to Chris for the link to the film! It was fun to revisit the Lake. My how time flies; the first time that I was there was 49 years ago. I met Bill Russell that day and became a member of the DLFA. It was a perfect fit for me. 16 years old, iconoclastic, athletic and had a '67 VW van filled with fuk-nes. I learned how to belay, set anchors and climb. Leading was a thing then but few people were doing it. I looked at things like Brinton's Crack and saw that I could get good pro so I went for it. And from there to other climbs that looked protectable like Coatimundi Crack and Berkeley. Some other classics that took good pro were/are Upper Diagonal and Sometimes Crack. Berkeley by the way stands out in my memory as a beautiful climb; cool autumn day, good pro and shared with a great guy, Dave Langhoff. So many cool people, great rock, fun times and yes, somehow, memories.