Mountain Project Logo

Bibler Eldorado $175


FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
max h · · Portland, OR · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 75

Selling my beloved Bibler Eldorado, $175 shipped or local pickup in Portland, Oregon area.

This has been my default 'climbing tent' and has seen mild action from the Buttermilks to high altitude romps.
The catch is, one time I didn't dry it for a few days after a frosty packup, and it got mildewy. I gave it multiple mirazyme soaks and light scrubs- I am 100% confident it is clean, but the fabric is lightly stained near the entrance. This is why I am selling it for $175, it is in great condition otherwise! 

Tent measures ~87" x 51" inside, has a noseeum mesh door as well as the normal door. 

This tent isn't seam sealed, I don't camp in pouring rain but haven't had any wetness issues with it (besides frozen condensation when sleeping with vents/door closed). 

Mostly this tent sits in storage these days- it is a bit too snug for car camping for two, compared to a 3 season tent. This is a great tent if you are taller like me (6'4") and is very spacious as a single person tent. The two inside pole setup is pretty fast once you get the hang of it. 

Happy to answer any questions/provide additional photos of it. I have fond memories of this tent and it still holds up as a bomber, lightweight option against more modern designs. I just hope someone can make better use of it than me!

Thanks for reading, here's a fun photo of the tent in action, and pics of the tent: 

^^ mildew stains near door on lookers left side 

same stains on lookers left inside tent 

mildew stains on lookers right inside, not really visible from outside 

max h · · Portland, OR · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 75

Bump photos added. Get yourself a sweet tent! 

Isaac Buttery · · Colorado Springs/Bozeman · Joined Nov 2020 · Points: 0

pm'd

Ryan O · · Portland, OR · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 56

I still use an I-tent and an Eldorado as go to snow camping tents. Temped to grab yours as a loaner or backup for that price!

max h · · Portland, OR · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 75

Tent is sold! Thanks for all the interest, may you all find a nice used bibler out there!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.