Mountain Project Logo

Ulassai (Sardinia) Adventure Fun Time (May 19th to 26th)

Original Post
Seth Benton · · Cincinnati · Joined Feb 2023 · Points: 0

Classic dumb American heading to Sardinia for some classic Ulassai climbing! Staying at Nannai Climbing House from May 19th to 26th. I'm traveling with a non-climber so I am looking to get on the wall with some new friends. Together we could work 6A to 7B and have the time of our lives.

Let me know if you are interested in having the best climbs ever!

Jonas T · · Woodstock NY · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 370

Dang I'm doing the exact same thing as you (traveling to Sardinia with a non climber) but from 12-19th. 6A to 7B is exactly what I'm looking for too. Damn. So close to being perfect.

Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 21

My wife and I climbed in Sardinia in May (both climbers).  In Ulassai, we were alone. But at most of the other crags we visited we met Europeans from several different countries.   We saw no American climbers.  I can’t tell you how, but suspect a post to a European audience will find some takers.  For what it’s worth French, German, Austrian and Swiss climbers were who we met. Some were doing the European version of Vanlife: ferry to the island and camping in a van. Ideal really.  Have fun.  Find a bar with a patio serving local wine in a clay ewer.  We loved it!!

Jonas T · · Woodstock NY · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 370

Thanks, I plan on going first thing to a climber's hostel in Ulassai and seeing if anyone needs a partner, if not I have all the gear to rope solo.

Angella - Unfiltered · · PNW · Joined Nov 2019 · Points: 0

There is a FB group for climbing Sardinia. Check that out. I will be there with three others similar dates but two of us work evenings and only climb mornings. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Ulassai (Sardinia) Adventure Fun Time (May 19th…"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.