Mountain Project Logo

Narrows- Christmas ICE PARTNER NEEDED

Original Post
Jon Best · · Montrose, PA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 12

Ice is in, here in alaska!

Coming to Philadelphia for xmas and would like to meet someone for a day of ice! I'd like to leave my screws and rope at home to fly with as little as possible. 

LMK!

Da Burger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 51

Flying in to the Poconos from Colorado looking for an ice day. Meet up maybe? Sounds like at least one of us would need to bring the screws and the other the rope since we're both flying, haha. Also, I'm a WI gal. I don't know any Glacier Techniques but am a wannabe mountaineer so I'll take your Alaskan Ice Tips! I was thinking the DWG or Rickett's Glen. I'll be there 12/21 - 12/28 in White Haven. I also just put a post up looking for a partner so maybe even a threesome day could work since it's all single pitch anyways. Usually I climb WI2-3+. I climb Vail, Ouray, Lake City, Breckenridge etc. Never been to RMNP. Let me know if maybe we could meet up!

Alex Zadroga · · Corning NY · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 6

I’ve got screws and a rope if you guys want a 3rd. I live right outside of Philly so it’s less then an hour drive. Shoot me a text at 215-407-3973.

Tom Vokes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Happy holidays all! In from San Diego visiting parents who live about 20 min from the Narrows. Scouted it out yesterday and the main gully and dead dear gully are in (though ddg looks a little thin low). All the upper headwalls look good from the base. I'd be up for climbing this week if anyone is still looking. I only brought personal gear though, but know the area. 908-581-8086

Jon Best · · Montrose, PA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 12

Tom thanks for the info! everyone I'm sorry I wasn't able to bring any gear! If someone has literally everything (size 43 eu) I may be able to join someone on rock or ice near birdsboro or surrounding areas

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Narrows- Christmas ICE PARTNER NEEDED"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.