Mountain Project Logo

Starter rack in the new River gorge

Original Post
Adam R · · Southwest mostly · Joined Jun 2020 · Points: 0

I'll be spending the fall in the New River gorge and I'd like to get some trad experience there. What would be a good starter rack of gear? By starter I just mean a minimal rack to start with but still quality gear. 

Levi X · · Washington · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 63

You'll need about 20 different sized hexes and nothing else. 

Dylan Pike · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 558

One set of cams sized BD 0.3 through 3 and a set of nuts.

Dylan Barry · · Sutton, QC · Joined Jul 2020 · Points: 45
Dylan Pike wrote:

One set of cams sized BD 0.3 through 3 and a set of nuts.

This.

Notapplicable · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 130
Dylan Barry wrote:

This.

Unfortunately my name is not Dylan but I also agree.

Crag MonsterDouche · · Big Saint James Island · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

I'd get doubles of 0.5, .75, and 1.0 if you have the extra money

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trad Climbing
Post a Reply to "Starter rack in the new River gorge"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.