Mountain Project Logo

Female Climbing Partners

Original Post
Sarah N · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 25

Hi all! My good friend Rachel posted something similar last year that got a lot of traction, so I am hoping to refresh it for this season! I know I am not the only one looking for other lady crushers to climb with, so I am hoping we can use this thread to connect with one another.

About me: I've been climbing for about two years, enjoy sport, trad, multipitch, and boulders, & have gear for all of the above. I am comfortable leading up to 5.11- sport, but really looking to push it this season with the right people. Still pretty new to leading on gear, but super psyched to learn and improve! I've followed into the 10/11's and am never too proud to work on my aiding skills (: Down to boulder anything that looks cool. 

I am a safe, reliable, and considerate partner, happy to carry my share of the weight on approaches, always on time (+/- 15 mins..), and overall just super stoked to get out and climb! Especially with other females who share a good attitude towards climbing but are still looking to progress. I love projecting, but also enjoy a casual day of cragging and climbing whatever looks interesting - whether it's trying a five star route or doing a first ascent on a pile of choss.

Location: Based in Denver, open to further and longer outings/trips as we get to know each other. I typically climb around CCC and Eldo during the week and further out on the weekends. 

Schedule: Flexible during the weekdays depending on my work schedule, free on the weekends

Looking for: Other fun, safe, and reliable partners with similar goals and stoke! I am also really interested in progressing my trad skills, so someone who is willing to partner up with a beginner leader is a plus. In exchange I can provide homemade snacks, soft catches, and lame jokes. Would love to do more adventure-type alpine climbs once the weather and my skills improve. 

Other hobbies/interests: yoga, biking, sourdough, animals

Please feel free to PM if you're interested in meeting up! And/or feel free to post something down below so other lady crushers can reach out to you as well. I hope this provides a space for all of us to connect and climb!! Thanks (:

Hailey Kellackey · · Jtree/Yosemite (Seasonally) · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hi, I'm Hailey!

I've been climbing outside for about a year and a half and would definitely like to meet up with some more ladies to climb with. I’m down for any type of climbing, sport, trad or multipitch, but I’m especially interested in adventure climbing and other easy trad, as I am just getting into trad leading, too. I am usually available on the weekends and currently have Monday and Wednesday free. I live in Colorado Springs, but am willing to go anywhere on the front range for a day trip. I am very safety conscious and looking to get out a lot and have some fun!

Sharon Yun · · Denver, CO · Joined Dec 2019 · Points: 0

Hi Sarah! Sounds like I'm pretty aligned to your post so I PMed ya!

General info below if anyone else wants to hit me up  

New to Denver so looking for female climbing partners. Climbing for just over a year now. Spent most of the year sport climbing, and started dabbling in mulitpitch and following friends on trad. Comfortable leading up to 10a and following harder. Super interested in getting out consistently on the weekends and pushing grades. Also really interested in trad (I'm planning on going out with a guide a couple times once it's warmer so I can feel safe and solid re my anchor building skills / gear placement / etc).

ALSO generally just stoked on crack so down for some crack bouldering!

Safety is v important to me (and that people feel comfortable) so if you prefer to climb with masks on, I'm happy to do so!

Amy Domino · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hi, I'm Amy! I am also looking to climb with more ladies.

I have been climbing for a few years, but really started to climb outside more consistently last summer. I love sport climbing and I am getting into trad / multipitch (I took a "learn to lead trad" class with CMS, but have not had much practice placing gear since). I live in Boulder so I mostly climb Boulder Canyon and Clear Creek Canyon - but I also enjoy Shelf, South Platte, and Eldo. I am down to travel further and would love to check out some new crags. I lead sport in the 10s and project in the 11s and really want to push my grade this summer. I'm free to climb on the weekends and every other Friday.

Like others, safety is super important to me. I promise to always give an attentive belay. I have a bunch of draws and a 70m. Might get a trad rack this summer.

PM me if you need a belay :)

Laura Lochmann · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

Hey ladies! 

My name is Laura and I have also been looking for the right safe and fun female climbing partners so I am excited to see this thread! I have been climbing for just about 2 years but I would still consider myself a bit of a beginner as I have only been following. I follow multipitch trad and sport. Probably up to the 10s in trad and maybe a couple of 11s. This year I would love to challenge myself and take the sharp end but I just haven't found the right patient and safe mentor. I would love to find some lady partners who are patient, safe, fun to help me grow as a climber. 

Hope to get out with some of y'all lady crushers soon! PM and maybe we can connect :) 

Lessley H · · Boulder, Co · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Hi ladies! Is anyone available 3/9 for sport climbing in Boulder Canyon? Would need to finish in time to pick my kiddos up from school at 3. 

Y L · · Boulder, CO · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hi! We seem to have similar climbing objectives and schedules!

I lead 5.8 trad, 5.10 sport, and have all the gear. Would love to find more regular/consistent female partners to get out often and improve skills together and have fun, esp for trad/alpine (currently looking for regular climbing partners for Eldo)!

Flexible weekday schedule and down for weekend trips :)

Haley Ross · · Hotchkiss, CO · Joined May 2019 · Points: 30

If any of y’all make it over to the western slope I’d be psyched to meet up! Free weekends and also 3/31 which is a Wednesday! 608-577-5111 

Safe, competent, efficient but chill, cute dog! 

Pamela Shapiro · · Denver, CO · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0

Hi! Just saw this, but it seems like a great idea! I moved to Denver at the beginning of January so I'm still settling into climbing routines with new partners.

Experience: Primarily sport/bouldering, but interested in learning multipitch/trad skills. Leading low 10s right now (though with hangs cause I'm still working on the lead head), boulder V0-2.

Schedule: Work weekdays but with a team on the east coast, so late afternoons are fair game. But mostly interested in getting out on weekends.

Personality: I care a lot about communication! I am very responsive and a planner when possible. I am psyched on pushing myself and enjoy sharing that energy with climbing partners, but I'm also just doing this for fun. I'm pretty happy when I'm outside with rocks and good company.

Kirsten K · · SD · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

based out of omaha but frequent Denver with the direct flight.  Fully vaccinated for covid 19 if that worries anyone. Would love to get out with some of you lady crushers! Will be out march 16-19 if anyone is free then!  

I lead sport into 5.10s and trad 5.9, have a single rack, qd, rope. Safety is a priority! I bring stoke and smiles. Just love being outside, particularly climbing! 

Kathryn H · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 5

Awesome that this thread exists! I'm obviously also a woman looking for more climbing partners. I live in Pueblo, CO, which is pretty sparse when it comes to climbers, so I'm always looking for more partners. I lead Shelf 5.10 at the moment, although before I hurt my finger I was projecting 11.b, so I'm excited to get back up to that. 

I also would absolutely love to climb more trad, so if anybody is psyched on that please let me know. ATM though I can only lead about 5.9/10- trad. My availability is usually Fridays and weekends, and sometimes Mondays. Plus when the summer rolls around, I want to find people who can climb in the evenings after work. 

Alex andra · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

hey all! I would love to meet up with some ladies over here in Boulder! I spend a lot of time in Eldo, Boulder canyon, but I work in Golden so clear creek works too. I'm primarily a trad climber, but spend a lot of time bouldering at flagstaff and in the flatirons. All of that good safety stuff, I've been climbing outside and multipitch climbing for about on and off for about 3 years and feel pretty comfortable with systems, but always psyched to learn more. I lead trad moderates comfortably, but really hoping to push that this season (I just really need to start climbing harder above gear, hoping a good partnership will help w that!).  

I am hoping to spend a lot of the summer up in RMNP, up in vedauwoo, and getting out in the evenings on weekdays! Starting April I'm free Fri/Sat, and Wednesdays. Pretty flexible on days this summer for weekend trips. I'm also spending a lot of time skiing right now, so if you like to play in the snow too let me know! 

Asha Anne · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2021 · Points: 0

Hi All! I am also looking for more female climbing partners and would love to meet up!

experience: mainly sport, but have followed trad and would love to start leading trad by mid summer. I also have a bouldering pad that I would love to get more use out of! I'm based out of the Denver area so CCC is my go-to for weekdays. 

schedule: flexible on the weekdays (especially weekday evenings) and free on weekends!

Haley Young · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 86

Hi Sarah (and everyone on this post)

Nice to meet you. I am always looking for trad and sport partners. I typically really enjoy climbing in Eldo and want more RMNP days this summer. I have been leading trad since 2016 and sport since 2013. Please let me know if you (or anyone else on here) is psyched. Some of my goals this year in Eldo are sending Rosies, doing some stuff on Longs Peak (Pervertical and Directissma), Days of Heaven, Outer Space, finger lickin good. Those are all stretch goals for me (ranging in the upper 10s and 11s for trad).  Also love going to the creek, and turkey rocks, shelf the black, ten sleep Devils tower.  I have multiple sport projects as well and am always psyched to sport after work on the summer week days especially in Boulder Canyon. I also like to trail run, bike, and backcountry ski.  Would love to climb with new ladies including yourself and happy to belay you on whatever you are psyched on as well :)

Cheers,

Haley. 719-431-6523

Andie Mitchell · · Denver · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all!

My name is Andie and I am looking for female climbing buddies this summer/for life. I’ve been climbing for about 4 years now but took a little over a year off last year bc I moved to DC for a new job. I’m back now and working on getting my strength back for the summer so I can try and climb hard and climb often. I love trad (working on building my rack) and would love to get on more multi pitch trad climbs this summer. Having said that I have a lot of work to do and want to rebuild my skills safely so would love to do some sport and lead some easier climbs to get back into it safely. I am living in Denver and have a random schedule and am free some weekdays and some weekends.

ALSO - if anyone is interested I would love to make a GM with any lady climbers that are interested so that we can all try and meet up and have a place to go to see if someone wants to climb when you’re free. PM me or text me if you’re interested 303-880-2233

Regina x · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Hi all-- I'm Regina and I would love to make more climbing friends in Denver. 

I'm... not really a motivator, more like just really happy to chill and have fun, whether that's the 5.6. or the 5.12. Working into outdoor low 11s on lead and I'm often height challenged so if you want to talk about short person beta I'm super down to climb together. Sport, trad, multipitch... I can lead easy trad (<=5.7) with some general disclaimers (I'm slow, I'm very slow at hiking with a rack, I've been known to get lost if the route isn't super obvious). Happy to follow harder stuff on trad or happy to top rope harder. Also can belay with an ohm, can belay without an ohm, can belay tied to a backpack weight or a tree, can belay with a mask, can belay. 

Free on weekends, down for weeknights when the days get longer. 

Abbi Dingus · · Lansing, MI · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 3

Hi all! Love this idea to connect with other lady crushers! Not from Colorado but planning on dirtbagging through Denver for a few weeks in April living out of my car. Have a few friends around to climb with but would love to find more! I lead on sport in the low 11s and just started trad climbing this month. I’m also super down for multipitch. Been climbing all over the last 2 years in the red, horseshoe canyon, Wichita’s, and out in Colorado a few times. I’m a pretty competent, safe climber. Aka I’ve gotten out most of my Gumby mistakes already. PM me if you’d wanna connect and go climbing sometime after April 11th

Kate Sedrowski · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks for starting this thread, Sarah! I'll throw myself into the mix, since I love climbing with lady crushers! :D

About me: I've been climbing for about 5 years now, starting in the gym in Boston, then primarily outside since I moved to Colorado three years ago. I lead sport generally in the 10s, but will try 11s that look fun, and just started sending some (well, one, but hopefully more to come!). I also started leading trad about a year ago after following for a couple years. I love it, but am taking it slow, so I've just started leading 7s, but can follow up to high 10s/low 11s. I'm down for single or multi-pitch, although I'm working on the mental hurdle of trusting my trad anchors, so I generally prefer bolted multi-pitch.

I am picky about my belayers, because I've seen some shit, so I am cautious and a very safe catch. I would say that I'm a nervous leader, but some recent whipper therapy has really helped my confidence on sport, so I'm excited to push myself more on 11s. I'm tall (5'10) and dense as fuck (or heavier than you might expect, haha), so I'm not going to be able to help with shorty beta, but happy to climb with you if you can comfortably catch a heavier climber. I tend to prefer burly, steeper routes as opposed to techy face climbs (and I hate slab!), but I also want to work on my weaknesses. And I have become addicted to crack! :) I also am kind of terrible on approaches and walk-off descents because I don't have depth perception (for real!), but as long as it's not too sketchy, I'll be okay.

Location: I live in Golden, so CCC is my backyard, and I'm basically a walking guidebook for it. Also into BoCan or Eldo, and have been both places plenty, I just don't know them quite as well as CCC. Definitely down for road trips, too!

Schedule: Super flexible for the most part, since I freelance and work from home. So I can get out weekdays or weekends, and usually can be spontaneous! I'm not the greatest at planning too far ahead.

Looking for: A safe catch, first and foremost, and anyone who is stoked and supportive! If you want to push into 11s on sport or get mileage on easy trad, we'd be well matched, but also happy to be a ropegun or follow harder!

Tiff L · · CO · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0
Kate Sedrowski wrote:

Thanks for starting this thread, Sarah! I'll throw myself into the mix, since I love climbing with lady crushers! :D

About me: I've been climbing for about 5 years now, starting in the gym in Boston, then primarily outside since I moved to Colorado three years ago. I lead sport generally in the 10s, but will try 11s that look fun, and just started sending some (well, one, but hopefully more to come!). I also started leading trad about a year ago after following for a couple years. I love it, but am taking it slow, so I've just started leading 7s, but can follow up to high 10s/low 11s. I'm down for single or multi-pitch, although I'm working on the mental hurdle of trusting my trad anchors, so I generally prefer bolted multi-pitch.

I am picky about my belayers, because I've seen some shit, so I am cautious and a very safe catch. I would say that I'm a nervous leader, but some recent whipper therapy has really helped my confidence on sport, so I'm excited to push myself more on 11s. I'm tall (5'10) and dense as fuck (or heavier than you might expect, haha), so I'm not going to be able to help with shorty beta, but happy to climb with you if you can comfortably catch a heavier climber. I tend to prefer burly, steeper routes as opposed to techy face climbs (and I hate slab!), but I also want to work on my weaknesses. And I have become addicted to crack! :) I also am kind of terrible on approaches and walk-off descents because I don't have depth perception (for real!), but as long as it's not too sketchy, I'll be okay.

Location: I live in Golden, so CCC is my backyard, and I'm basically a walking guidebook for it. Also into BoCan or Eldo, and have been both places plenty, I just don't know them quite as well as CCC. Definitely down for road trips, too!

Schedule: Super flexible for the most part, since I freelance and work from home. So I can get out weekdays or weekends, and usually can be spontaneous! I'm not the greatest at planning too far ahead.

Looking for: A safe catch, first and foremost, and anyone who is stoked and supportive! If you want to push into 11s on sport or get mileage on easy trad, we'd be well matched, but also happy to be a ropegun or follow harder!

Hey there! I'm up in Wheat Ridge (sorta, technically Mountain View) and have all the same preference in places. Similar climbing grade, safe belayer and capable of catching a habit climber. Primarily a weekend warrior for April and May. Once the snow melts maybe we can get out on some sport lines to establish a trusting partnership? 

Emmy Shaffer · · Virgin, UT · Joined Nov 2019 · Points: 0

Loving this thread and I am super thankful it got started!

About me: I have been climbing for about two years. I have done a lot of sport but am mostly interested in Trad (more specifically multi-pitch) and I am really itching to start learning how to aid to get on some big walls! I am recovering from a bouldering caused dislocated left shoulder that took place in late Dec. As much as I want to climb hard, I care the most about sustaining my body and being able to crush for the rest of my time on this little green planet we live on. Ideal climbs would be "fun" but still challenging multi-pitches in the 5.7-5.9 (heck, even 5.6) range! 

I really value safety as well. Soft catches and helmets are a promise and a must!

Hobbies: Backpacking, yoga, painting, and photography (I am a full-time photographer so BONUS free pics of you sending!) 

Location: currently hanging around in SLC. I tend to jump from place to place in my fuel-efficient honda fit. My spend my summers in Washington because that is where most my clients are.

Schedule: Free as a bird and ready to crush 24/7!!

Would love to find a community of fellow lady crushers to learn from or just hang with! My number is (360) 328 - 8346 and my PM are always open. My insta is @emmysflix for anyone wanting to swap socials :)

Tjane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Thanks for starting this thread! 

I live in Eldo and have two weekdays off a week.  I'm just getting back into trad climbing after a long layoff and would love to have partners for Eldo easy moderates and then pushing some.  Also up for sport climbing once a week. Looking for partners next Tuesday 4/6 and Thursday 4/8.  Can do occasional weekend days - prefer bouldering at Flagstaff early one morning if anyone is up for it. 

Maybe that is where we should all try to meet!

Jane 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Female Climbing Partners"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started