Mountain Project Logo

Route left of Peaches at Children’s Crag

Original Post
Christopher Kelly · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 443

There is a juggling overhanging trad route just immediately left of Peaches on the right facing corner with a nice chain anchor at the top. No info on MP about it. Anybody know what it is or what it’s rated? 

phylp phylp · · Upland · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,102

Is it the 1967 Paul Van Betten route that's listed in both the Roxanna Brock guidebook and the Handren guidebook?

Desert Rock Sports · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 2

Buckety Goodness 65' 5.11b
PVB 1987.
Climbs the flake plastered to the left wall of Peaches. Start up Peaches then more left and climb the flake. When it ends move right and follow a line of jugs up the steep wall to an anchor on the left arete.

This one? Its in Handren. The guidebook is really worth it.

Also might have seen you on it if you were out there Wednesday, though you seemed lower down than where I expected the anchor to be.

Ah, you see there, DRS, you caught my typo because you checked the guidebook. The guidebook is definitely worth it. 

Thank you guys. Good info. I definitely do have the guidebook. Both editions in fact. But I was actually at the crag and didn’t have the book with me, and wanted to see if I could get the info while there.

Thank you Christopher. So many people do not buy guidebooks these days. I like to gently encourage people to buy them, when the opportunity comes up!

I encourage people to buy something from Desert Rock Sports as often as possible too!

Desert Rock Sports · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 2

We appreciate it!

We are currently out of stock of a ton of stuff. Supposed to hopefully get some stuff in from BD and Camp soon though.

Vince Buffalini · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 448
Christopher Kelly wrote:

Thank you guys. Good info. I definitely do have the guidebook. Both editions in fact. But I was actually at the crag and didn’t have the book with me, and wanted to see if I could get the info while there.

damn, you get service at Willow?

Unfortunately no. But I wrote my message at the crag and when I couldn’t send it, I ended up sending as I drove just past the icebox parking lot.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Route left of Peaches at Children’s Crag"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started