Mountain Project Logo

Great Online Deals of 2019

Taylor Krosbakken · · Duluth, MN · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 1,086
Shaniac wrote: Rock and Ice Mag, for 9.95 a year. Enjoy.
https://rki.pcdfusion.com/pcd/Order?iKey=I**BFR 

whats with the sketchy web address?

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215
Marc H wrote:

This thread seems like an appropriate place to point out that a sense of humor cannot be purchased—good deal or not.

Hear! Hear!

Matt N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 415
DMM Alpha Trad QD - $14.xx ea (5 left)
DMM Alpha Trad rackpack - $44.xx ea (7 left)
10% off with "EPIC10" and $100+ = free shipping to US
Pico Blanco · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0
Caleb Schwarz wrote:

Black Diamond Single Portaledge

$292 after extra 25%
(Was $650)

Gone. Fuck this was perfect for me.

Greg D · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Moosejaw is having their rare 5 x rewards points promo for cyber monday with the code: 50BACK.

That's 50% rewards for full price items and 12.5% for already discounted items.

Add that to the 13.5% activejunky cash-back and it's an insanely good deal. Sign up here if you're not a member and you'll get a bonus $5 (disclosure: I get $5 too). 

It's a great time to grab those items that are rarely if ever on sale. I usually spend the rewards points during the year and either get moosejaw to price match or wait for other sales before I buy. If you play it right you'll get at least 40% off across all your purchases.

Christopher Chu · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 40

Rakuten has 20% cash back at Moosejaw tomorrow.

Greg D wrote: Moosejaw is having their rare 5 x rewards points promo for cyber monday with the code: 50BACK.

Add that to the 13.5% activejunky cash-back and it's an insanely good deal. Sign up here if you're not a member and you'll get a bonus $5 (disclosure: I get $5 too).

It's a great time to grab those items that are rarely if ever on sale. I usually spend the rewards points during the year and either get moosejaw to price match or wait for other sales before I buy. If you play it right you'll get at least 40% off across all your purchases.
Chris Cragsocks wrote: Rakuten has 20% cash back at Moosejaw tomorrow.
Wow, that's great cash back, and a good jump up from the current %. And combined with the 50% rewards points it makes things seem too tempting...

Looks like you get $10 sign up bonus here as well.

Edit: looks like Rakuten is only 15% today, not sure if the 20% you mentioned is a special promo for a limited group.
Chris Jones · · Winston-Salem, NC · Joined May 2018 · Points: 200
Greg D wrote: Wow, that's great cash back, and a good jump up from the current %. And combined with the 50% rewards points it makes things seem too tempting...

Looks like you get $10 sign up bonus here as well.

Most of these "deals" were available last week. Even when they sweeten the pot with rewards... there is a catch: Moosejaw Reward Dollars are cut by three quarters for sale items. So, if you get something on sale you'll actually get 12.5% back instead of 50% back.

Chris Jones wrote:

Most of these "deals" were available last week. Even when they sweeten the pot with rewards... there is a catch: Moosejaw Reward Dollars are cut by three quarters for sale items. So, if you get something on sale you'll actually get 12.5% back instead of 50% back.

Agreed.

You want to save this for higher value items that don't go on sale (that's what I use it for).
Eric and Lucie · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2004 · Points: 140
Greg D wrote: Moosejaw is having their rare 5 x rewards points promo for cyber monday with the code: 50BACK.

Pay close attention to the text in bold above... since just about everything on their site is already "on sale", all you'll get is 12.5% discount... lame.

Joey Jarrell · · SLC · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 145
Eric and Lucie wrote:

Pay close attention to the text in bold above... since just about everything on their site is already "on sale", all you'll get is 12.5% discount... lame.

25% off, 12.5% in rewards, and 20% cash back...

Lame? Jeez, people post 20% off deals in here all the time... Those are lame. This is a good deal either way
Andy Bennett · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 676

"shoe-a-palooza" at Mtn Tools right now. Some decent mark-downs happening

Eric and Lucie wrote:

You may want to read the previous posts. It's pretty clear that the real value in this offer is the ability to purchase items that are never (or extremely rarely) discounted. Therefore you get the 50% on items that you'll never otherwise get a discount on. (Pay close attention to the bold text).

Even if the items is discounted, earning an extra 10+% isn't bad if the sale price is good.

It also looks like AJ has upped their cashback to 16%, so better than the rakuten 15%. And you can get a $5 signup bonus here.
Marc-Olivier Chabot · · Gatineau, QC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 440

Still many stuff at 40-70% off in the Top Deals section at verticallstore.com. Many Kailas apparels and also ropes, harness, packs, etc.

Vy Vu · · Oakland, CA · Joined Nov 2019 · Points: 30
Joey Jarrell wrote:

25% off, 12.5% in rewards, and 20% cash back...

Lame? Jeez, people post 20% off deals in here all the time... Those are lame. This is a good deal either way

I still don't see 20% cashback on Rakuten. It's 15% for me. Do you know if there is a specific time that it will bump up? 

Vy Vu wrote:

I still don't see 20% cashback on Rakuten. It's 15% for me. Do you know if there is a specific time that it will bump up? 

I don't... Someone mentioned it was 20% and I didn't verify. Either way, still great deals to be had.

Josh (MP member) at Tufa Climbing is doing a Cyber Monday sale. 20% off all chalk bags and 20% off select Mochillas.

The Mochilla is a sick alpine/summit pack that is perfect for multipitches and/or leader packs on longer objectives. I love the pack and have used a VX42 version for rock, ice, first ascents, and multiday routes for 2 alpine seasons now. Mega burly and well thought out. Mine has even endured some hauling :)

Check it out at www.tufaclimbing.com 

Tufa climbing doesn't really do any specials usually, so this is as good as it gets... If you want an awesome multipitch pack, this is the one!
K D · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 9
REI's got Five Ten Quantums on sale for Cyber Monday for $80 (56% off of $185) up to size 11.5.

I've been using them for the past year or two and I don't have any major complaints.

They've also got the Women's Trail 40L pack for $30 (75% off).
Matt N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 415
Beal Joker 9.1 60m Dry Cover - $112
use code "EPIC10" - only 1 left

the orange/pink color is so bright it glows in the shade - at least when new
James Bing · · Salem, NH · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0

20% via rakuten is live on chrome extension. Checked out safari and only saw 15%

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Great Online Deals of 2019"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started