Mountain Project Logo

In the Market for a Tacoma Topper

Original Post
Dan Gleason · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Hey y'all,

I'm in the market for a hardshell topper for my '09 Access Cab Tacoma. Ideally black, ideally raised. Let me know if anyone is looking to get rid of one!

Malcolm Daly · · Hailey, ID · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 380

If you can find someone who is trading in a used Taco to a dealer make them an offer. Trade-in deals never value the topper at anything. Otherwise...Suburban Toppers in Denver is freakin' amazing!

Mark r · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Also check out A&A toppers in Denver. They have a pretty good consignment inventory.

Rad, thanks y'all

Dylan Pike · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 488

Get one with felt lining.

Malcolm Daly · · Hailey, ID · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 380

What Dylan said. Fuzzy lining us absolutely critical.

Oh yeah, getting felt lining. What do you guys think about the windoors (fold-up side windows)? Necessary? I went with one on the driver side. My thinking is that I'm going to install a bed and drawers, so most of my belongings will be accessed from the rear anyways.

seamus mcshane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 210

Long Bed? I have a white Leer 100.

Seamus: yes, long bed (73.2"). I'd love to take a look at it if ya send me some info.

Dylan Pike · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 488
Dan Gleason wrote: Oh yeah, getting felt lining. What do you guys think about the windoors (fold-up side windows)? Necessary? I went with one on the driver side. My thinking is that I'm going to install a bed and drawers, so most of my belongings will be accessed from the rear anyways.
When I had a shell on my truck I had a bed platform built in it, which lived there full time. My gear was stored below, and the only way to access it was from the tailgate. I had a windoor on the front (facing the cab), but it was completely useless.
seamus mcshane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 210

Thanks Seamus. Probably can't swing that haul but I appreciate it

jgr81 · · Frisco, CO · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 30
Dan Gleason wrote: Oh yeah, getting felt lining. What do you guys think about the windoors (fold-up side windows)? Necessary? I went with one on the driver side. My thinking is that I'm going to install a bed and drawers, so most of my belongings will be accessed from the rear anyways.

i  also have a tacoma, but cheaped out when i bought my topper new and just went with sliders... i now 100% wish i had the windoors at least on one side.  they are way spendy to add after the fact so if you end up going new i'd pony up for at least one windoor :)

Mark r · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I will also third having a fabric liner, it is a MUST. I know this because mine didn’t have one and I suffered.

Thanks guys. Ended up going with a new topper, one opening window on the driver side. Since I'm building out a bed platform and intend to have just a mattress on the passenger side (shelf on the driver side) I figured one was enough.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "In the Market for a Tacoma Topper"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started