Mountain Project Logo

Southern NM (Caballo Lake, The Tunnel, Last Chance Canyon)

Original Post
Christopher Payan · · EL PASO, TX · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 188

Been out to above crags to scope out, would be great to get out and climb during the week. Tunnel has great temps right now on shady side.

Ross Peritore · · San Diego, CA · Joined May 2007 · Points: 70

is it too hot in Last Chance?  I might be game if conditions are still alright

Christopher Payan · · EL PASO, TX · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 188

I have only been once, to Mad Cow wall, a couple if weeks ago. It was about 86f that day, wall was in the shade and it was chilly. I imagine up to low 90s should be fine in the shade.
Fyi, I am in El Paso, TX. Far enough away to need to make it a 2day trip.

Walker Stone · · Buda · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Last Chance isn’t bad if you move walls throughout the day. Tombstone and solstice get good shade in the morning then Tornado, Fossil, and breakfast will get shade later on in the day. I usually head out there on a Friday and camp until Sunday then leave Sunday afternoon or evening. Always looking for people to join. I don’t think I’ll make it back out until later June. I’ll be coming from Midland. If that kind of weekend trip would be possible I would love to meet up!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico Partners
Post a Reply to "Southern NM (Caballo Lake, The Tunnel, Last Cha…"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.