Mountain Project Logo

Looking for someone(s) willing to share their home climbing wall in Sequim or Port Angeles area

Original Post
Luke B · · WA · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0

I'm looking for someone(s) with a home wall in the Sequim or Port Angeles areas that might want a training partner. I'm coming off about four years of very sporadic climbing so I'm not in the best of shape (probably bouldering around V4/5 range right now) but I'm really missing climbing now that the nearest gym is more than an hour drive. I'm hoping to find someone with a wall that would support V3-V8 climbing. I can offer cash and/or beer and motivation (most of the time) in trade for wall use. My partner might also be interested in climbing occasionally (she makes delicious food, so homemade food would also be an option).

About me: started climbing in Colorado Springs in 1998, moved to LA in 2014 to pursue a PhD at UCLA, moved to Sequim in December 2018 to escape LA. I'm just writing my dissertation this year so my schedule is very flexible.

If you're in the area, have a wall you're willing to share, and want a training partner (or someone to drink beer and relax with while doing some climbing), let me know.

James Maltman · · Vancouver · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 387

I'd check out the Olympic peninsula climbing community Facebook page. If I remember right they have once a week events at a big woodie in Port Angeles.

Luke B · · WA · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0

Thanks, James! Sounds perfect, I'll check that out!

Robdog · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Hey Luke. If you haven’t checked out the community yet then let me know. Scott Underwood if you main man and has a home climbing wall that’s pretty good for training in Sequim. 

Luke B · · WA · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0

I joined the community but haven't seen any notices for any climbing nights or anything yet. Been sketching some designs for a small (8x10) training wall with an adjustable angle, but I haven't decided if it's worth the effort to build since we're out of our short term rental at the end of May and aren't sure where we will end up yet. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Looking for someone(s) willing to share their h…"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.