Mountain Project Logo

What happened to the train wreck topic "enough is enough..." ????

Original Post
ed esmond · · The Paris of VT... · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 0

Title says it all....  

Worked all day today, checked site at end of day, entire exchange vanished...

Stalinist Russia used to pull this sort of thing...

I'm sure, at the time, they had good reasons....

We don't live in Stalinist Russia, today, most think authority should be accountable, so maybe authority  should explain their "good reasons..."

Nawmean??

CheersBFD

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 262

You can thank all the political correct hypersensitive emotional folks of mountain project for that. There's a pretty dangerous gang of groupthink going on right now in mountain project and it makes it feel like we're being dictated in communist Russia

climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 10

I was looking forward to checking the thread after scrubbing and bolting routes all day today.... 

Michael B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 152

it was fun while it lasted

Matthew Tangeman · · SW Colorado · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,098

"dictated in communist Russia" please. Mtnproj is a private enterprise, thus they can delete what they want and it seems like that thread was causing more harm than good anyway.

But it was entertaining.

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215

Ya, therapist was about to fight every man, woman or child on MP. Was looking forward how it was about to unfold, but now I’m sad

Dylan Colon · · Eugene, OR · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 491

As soon as the thread devolved in to the sorts of threats of physical violence which can be used as evidence in a court of law, it was doomed.

rafael · · Berkeley, CA · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 35

I love the comparison of the actions of a privately owned company to communism lol I guess if all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
master gumby wrote: You can thank all the political correct hypersensitive emotional folks of mountain project for that. There's a pretty dangerous gang of groupthink going on right now in mountain project and it makes it feel like we're being dictated in communist Russia

Unless I missed some posts there was nothing politically insensitive, it was just an ugly thread. 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
mediocre wrote:

Unless I missed some posts there was nothing politically insensitive, it was just an ugly thread. 

It wasn't that ugly, people just have a hard time handling conflict here on MP.

Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15
rafael wrote: I love the comparison of the actions of a privately owned company to communism lol I guess if all you have is a hammer everything looks like a sickle

Fixed that for ya

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520

'Twas quite a fest of mirth, though unintended. But Scott here posting after me has the spirit! We can create a new place full of butthurt, unfocused rage, and abject stupidity to sit back and laugh at or join fully and roll in the mud with!

scott fuzz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 125

Don't worry, it's a slow turkey day. Some shizz show thread will be pop'n up any moment-

Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15

Every day is turkey day round these parts.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Fixed Hardware: Bolts & Anchors
Post a Reply to "What happened to the train wreck topic "enough…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started