Mountain Project Logo

PNW partner this summer

Original Post
Sarah Allen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

I'm looking for partners this summer! I'm new to this part of the world and hoping to get out and explore the area. I am comfortable leading sport moderates and have a good amount of multipitch experience. I am really hoping to make the jump to trad this summer and am hoping to get some alpine experience as well. I'm also happy to get out cragging/climb easier stuff/follow harder things. Just excited to get out!

I have a 8 days on/6 days off schedule and a good set of wheels, so I'm willing/wanting to travel. I'm in the market for a laidback and safe partner . If that sounds like you, drop me line!

Healyje · · PDX · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 422

Seattle, Portland...?

H Lue · · Leavenworth, WA · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 10

My money is on Seattle

Stehekin, WA actually

Certainly well-positioned. Enjoy and feel free to give a shout if you're ever down in the Gorge.

Jeffrey K · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hello Sarah,

I can't help with Trad or Alpine and haven't done any multi-pitch yet, but sport I'm pushing into 5.10a leads and can probably manage a 5.10c follow. Very safe climb & belay, super comfortable leading/setting anchors/cleaning. Plenty of equipment for anything bolted.

I'm off Monday-Wednesday so if you ever want to get out to a crag for a day climb let me know! I also have a car and very willing to travel anywhere within 3-4 hours of Seattle on short notice to check out a new crag.

Michael T · · WA · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 602

How are you accessing MP from Stehekin?

Kevin Shoemaker · · Vancouver, WA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 25

Yo sarah, im headed to index wa june 17- augest and will need partners. I climb mostly trad id be happy to show u a few tricks in exchange for a safe belay

Nash Firebaugh · · Milwaukee · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Sarah,

I'm also new to the Washington area (just moved to Ellensburg), and am also looking for some people to climb with.  I mainly climb sport, but have experience with easy trad. I'm free this week and next if you're down to checkout some crags! Just let me know.

Nash

Kevin Shoemaker wrote: Yo sarah, im headed to index wa june 17- augest and will need partners. I climb mostly trad id be happy to show u a few tricks in exchange for a safe belay

Awesome! I'll drop you a line on my next set of days off

I can vouch for Kevin...

clee 03m · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 0

Hi. I am experienced in trad and looking for a partner for Index this Wed. Any chance you are free and want to check out Index?  

Evan Pierce · · Seattle, WA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 10

Hey y'all, anyone interested in climbing tomorrow or Thursday? Would love to get out to climb at Index, exit 38, possibly Leavenworth. Let me know!

Meg P · · Eugene, OR · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Sarah (And all),
I'm down in Tacoma work odd days/have off days off, so I'm always looking for more climbing partners.   I'm comfortable leading 10a or so.  Will follow up to low 11s.  Very little experience with trad, but looking to learn like you.   Also love to boulder,  but prob only at v3 or so outdoors at the moment

Joshua Thompson · · Seattle, WA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 1,575

You available this weekend, June 15th-17th?

Paul Goodrich · · Marblemount, WA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all
I have similar experience as Sarah: moderate multi pitch sport, ski mountaineering and following on some alpine trad routes. I currently live in Marblemount and am looking for some solid summer partners. I especially want to learn and become comfortable trad climbing (will supply the beer!) I have an 8 on 6 off schedule as well, hit me up! 248 238 6996

Robert Gaston · · Bend, Or · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 15

I am looking for someone to trad climb with this Thursday and/or Friday in Leavenworth. Text me if interested. 2143648776

Drew Schneidler · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Sarah,
My wife and I are in mt Vernon an would be down to climb. We are both not working at the moment for varrying reasons, grad school summer for her and being a bum for me, so we can climb anytime. I also climb more often than her and am often in need of a partner. We climb sport and trad but mostly trad. We can also get into the alpine!
Let us know if you are interested.
Cheers
Drew

Marshall Lewis · · Seattle, WA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 116

Hey Sarah, Im nearby at 25 mile creek in Chelan, and I'm also looking for climbing partners. Im PSYCHED to hear of another climber in the area. Let me know if you get this message I would love to get to Squamish and of course index and the exits this summer.

-Marsh

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "PNW partner this summer"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.