Mountain Project Logo

Partner for Tahoe/Truckee/Reno area

Original Post
Lurk Er · · Truckee, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 5,289

Hey all.  Originally posted this in the Northern California forum, then realized there was an actual partner forum.

Just moved back to the Tahoe area after about 5 years away.  Apparently all of my old climbing partners have had kids and stopped climbing, or have real jobs...I kind of have a real job, but no kids.

Anyways, looking for new partners!  Not much of a pebble wrestler but anything on a rope is fair game.  Woodfords is good right now, towards the summer I'll be headed to Donner, Cold Stream, Eagle Creek Canyon, and beyond.

PM if interested.  If you're in to new route development, definitely hit me up!

Lurk Er · · Truckee, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 5,289

Is it the user name??

amy a · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 0

Hey! I’m in Reno, moved back to the west coast after being gone for a few years and have noticed similar situations with many of my old partners. I’m a crusty tradster who can be coerced into sport climbing. Want to shoot me a text? Amy 8312279503 

Nathan Burke · · Redondo Beach, CA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Hey! I live in the Bay Area but would love to climb around Tahoe this season. I've got some moderate trad experience in Joshua Tree and Red Rocks but am always game to follow. Also have a somewhat full rack and a 70m.

New route development peaks my interest as well! Feel free to message me!

Ryan Pfleger · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 25

Hey, I am new to the area, live in North Lake (Carnelian Bay) and am looking for regular partners.  Currently have 3 or 4 day weekends and am often off work before 5. Shoot me a text if/when you want to climb. Interested in Trad>Sport>Bouldering. Could be persuaded to do some development though I have zero experience.

Ryan

Wendy Zhao · · Cambridge, MA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 5

Hey there, I’m based in Reno as well and want to throw my name into the mix. Game for trad and sports. I can lead moderate up to .9 and follow up harder stuff with a lot of stoke. I’ve got a rack and ropes to contribute :)

In addition to weekends, I’m down for weekday after work climbing, especially Wed-Friday around Donner

Text me when/if you want to climb! 4153162538

Ryan Pfleger · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 25

Anybody down today? Just freed up my day. 208.863.4676.

your mom · · Reno, NV · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 60

Me too!

I’m also kinda new to Reno.  I just moved back after 3 years, so I kinda know the area a bit.  My old regular partners had kids or have newish obligations so I have to find more.  I’m in the gym a good bit and climb gear or sport outside. I don’t really boulder much though.  I’m open tomorrow 5/14 and Tuesday 5/15 if you want to get out or gym it.  

Cheers,

Eric

C Cal · · clovis, ca · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

emailed u!

Scott Polk · · Salt Lake City, Utah · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

Hello! I'd like to throw my name in this hat... I just moved to Reno from SLC where I've lived for 5 years. Trust in a partner is essential along with a rescue plan! I have rescue training and worked as a guide, I'm also SPRAT (Rope Tech) certified. I'm looking for mostly long moderate granite routes but still love the single pitch cragging days. I can climb clean aid if needed for a long route but no nailing yet... although i'd love to learn!

I have ropes and rack. My schedule is not normal so planning is best. I can do long trips during weekdays if needed to avoid crowds!
Cell is 3362021232

Peter Nocka · · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 140

Anyone wanna climb today? South or north lake?

Ross Peritore · · San Diego, CA · Joined May 2007 · Points: 70

Hey all...I'm looking for a partner for Bowman Lake area Mon-Wed.
Give a shout if you want to get out!
Ross. 2068191537

Joshua Paul · · New York, NY · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

In Tahoe this weekend and looking for partners. Mostly interested in trad but down for anything. Have all gear.

Josh

Nathan Flick · · Mountain View, CA · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 5

Anyone want to climb the weekend of June 9-10? Looking primarily to do some easy single pitch trad in the Donner Summit area as I'm a pretty new trad leader. I have a double rack.

PM me if interested!
Nathan

Danie White · · SLC, UT · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 230

Hi, I just sent you a PM, Lurker, about passing through the Tahoe/Donner area during the week of June 11-15, but basically I’m looking for a partner for the week of June 11-15. If anyone else reading this is interested, feel free to PM me.

I’m an SLC climber with 20+ years experience and I’d love to get out for some granite climbing while in the area. I love trad, sport, and boulders, and could bring a rack and rope if needed. 
I’m flexible on grades. Happy to just hit all the routes at Snowshed while enjoying the shade or explore other places. I’ve climbed 5.12 trad/sport and V6/7 in past seasons but after a winter of injury could be happy on anything upwards of 5.8 as long as you bring the fun. :)

Cheers!
Danie

Christine Anderson · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Hey, Reno folks! I'm looking for partners, too - getting back into climbing after a long break.  Anyone interested in climbing Friday? Open to location, based in Reno. :) Follow 5.9, just learning to lead.

James Sweeney · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hi I'm looking for a partner n tahoe, emeralds, bowman. I'm out of shape but can get up some 10's and lead the easier stuff. 530 274 7178. Leave a number. I'd like to climb both days his weekend

Brenna · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all, I'm brand new to Reno area, and would love to get on ropes. I've been climbing roughly 6/7 years, primarily sport climber. I'm a nurse so my schedule varies but can be pretty flexible.
PM me & let’s climb!

Allegra Aron · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I’ll be in Tahoe next week (06/25-29) with a flexible schedule and would love to climb. Trad or sport. (650) 867-1534

paddyrock · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 80

Hey all.
I will be in truckee on thursday hoping to get out and climb at donner. Sport or trad. have a few 5.12 projects id like to get on.
PM if you are free.

Adam B · · California · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 62

This seems to be the thread to post in... anyone interested in getting out on Thursday/Friday? Trad or sport, I’m open to whatever.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Partner for Tahoe/Truckee/Reno area "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started