Mountain Project Logo

FS: Camp Express Alpine Draws, Petzl Grigri Plus, BD ATC-Pilot, CT Click Up!!!

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Steven Pittman · · Puyallup · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 4

Hi,
Please take a look what I have below. If you have questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you for looking,

Petzl Grigri Plus ( orange )  $100 shipped

Climbing Technology Click UP, Asking $50 shipped 
Black Diamond ATC-Pilot & Black Diamond GridLock Locking Carabiner Package, Asking $55 shipped

Camp Express Alpine Draws  x 8 total, Asking $160 shipped
I know it shows seven but I have 8 total
Jonathan Lind · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

PM Sent

Climb New England · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

PM sent

Tyler Christopherson-Schorn · · Missoula, MT · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 86

PM sent

Mark L · · New York, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0
Climb80 wrote: Bump

So I guess you sold the Revo device that you told me was available last night when I asked if I could buy it.  I tried messaging you a few times, but never got a reply.  If you tell someone that something is available if they want it, it's not right to back out on the deal and sell it to someone else.  I told you I definitely wanted it, and that I would send the payment as soon as i got home 90 minutes later.  I thought that you would be ok with that, since I have bought at least $300 worth of gear from you in the past.  If you wanted the money right then and there you could have said so and I would have had my wife send it for me; for some reason you chose to just ignore me and not reply to any of my messages.  I know some people sell to the first person who can send payment, but if you had told me that I would have had my wife do it while i was still at work.  

Mark,
I'm very sorry you feel that way. I'm defiantly not trying to ignore you and sorry you felt that way. I have a family and four kids that take a lot of my time and I do my best to communicate to everyone. In fact I have been told by multiple MP members that I communicate fast.

I had a lot of response on the Revo. Also looking back I was confused because your name on MP is different then your email. Again I'm sorry if you felt I promised you something, I did have the Revo when we last talked and then I didn't hear anything back at which point it sold. I have held things in the past and get burned because they either change there mind or just flake out. Not Implying that is you at all. Unfortunately like I said I had a lot of offers and got your email confused because of the differences in your name on MP and your email. I can understand your frustration but please believe me it was not done intentionally.

You are welcome, hope you enjoy. Thanks for the comment .

Dave Jones · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 14

Somebody buy that CT Click Up!!

No the click up still available. It is pretty cool device. If there is anything you want to know about belay devices let me know. I have them all and have reviewed all there pro and cons .

Hey Briggs, I will check it out I have been having issues with my email .

Logan Peterson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 196

Get the ATC Pilot, folks. If not here, then somewhere else. Don't let the Gri-Gri instill bad technique in another belayer!

LOL Love it, I have now tested almost all of the belay devices there are out there. I'm waiting on the Gnome sometime in the next month or so. Been in contact with the company.

Hey, sorry I have been on vacation with the family. I will be back on Tuesday. I have really crappy service and my email has not been linking up with my phone. I will touch base with you no later then Thursday. As for your money yes I see you sent me $50 dollars for the Trang draws I'm not sure I have them anymore as I took them off. I will check as soon as I get home. If they are gone I can send your money back. I believe you said you were interested and I messaged you a few times but never heard anything back from you for three days or so . Anyway I'm sure we can take care of it . 

Tyler Newcomb · · New York, New York | Boston · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 81
Climb80 wrote: LOL Love it, I have now tested almost all of the belay devices there are out there. I'm waiting on the Gnome sometime in the next month or so. Been in contact with the company.

I hated the ATC Pilot. Thought it was sticky, jerky, and not intuitive. Maybe my technique was off? I'm a huge fan of the mammut smart 2.0.

What are your thoughts on the click up?

Hi, can I ask you a few questions, what size rope and carabiner are you using? Was it just during lowering with it or paying out slack?

After testing all the devices for my self I think it's safe to say that I couldn't really find one that had the whole package. Since we are all different and use different equipment (ropes, carabiners ) can change how the devices will perform for you.

If you can tell me more about your climbing style, rope sizes you use and carabiner, I would be glad to help make a suggestion or at least tell you what I have experienced.

I have the Revo, Mammut 2.0, Edelrid Maga Jul, Mad rock life Gard, Petzl grigri plus, Black Diamond Pilot, and a few others I just picked up. I'm hoping to get a IceRock Gnome but they are made in Russia and are not easy to find . Any device out there I have probably tested or seen.

To answer your question however I think the click up is pretty nice not sure it is the one stop best device out there, but I'm truly not convinced there is such a device .  Most people would say the Petzl grigri plus is the best but I can tell you lots of things it has issues with that other devices don't and vice versa.

Anyway just ask im happy to share what I've experienced and what others I know have said. I might consider posting all the videos on YouTube. 

Tyler Newcomb · · New York, New York | Boston · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 81

Stop bumping jesus

Caleb Schwarz · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 120
Tyler Newcomb wrote: Stop bumping jesus

*Bumps the thread*

Thanks Briggs, we are going to have to get together and climb something some time. I was just in a really bad car accident. These kids stole a car and ran a red right into me at over 55mph. Totaled my vehicle and there's. Going to feel sore for a while. Almost took all my gear but left it at home tucked away lol

Bumb

J B · · Painesville, OH · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Bump

Nick Haha · · Choosing the path less trav… · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 365

another Ted bump.......

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started