Mountain Project Logo

Stone Fort (Little Rock City) Bouldering?

Original Post
Embarrassed to say · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 5

Anyone know where I can pick-up a guidebook? Checked the original publisher of the Wellman(sp?) book-no go....tried Amazon too....

Also, I've got one day Mid-April (hoping for no rain) to check this area out. Can you still rent a crash pad/chalk at the clubhouse? 

We're only in the area for 3 days, so won't be flying with much. 

Thanks for any/all info!!

Allan Ange · · Sylva, NC · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

They sell the guidebook at the Club House at Stone Fort. Might want to call and check and see if they have any. Can't speak to the crash pad rental.   

Jay Perry · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

The Stone Fort guide is now available here: http://www.rockerypress.com/

The clubhouse still does rent bouldering pads. Have fun.

Sam North · · Walton, KY · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

They sell them in the club house where you get your day pass for 30$. I bought one two weekends ago. 

Thanks all!. Ordered the book from Rockery....are you serious on the $30.00?? Now I'm curious on the day-pass price (I thought it was like $8-9 bucks), I guess I should check on the crashpad rentals....I don't anticipate that being cheap!

Thanks!

Jim Urbec · · Sevierville, TN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 56

where are you coming in from and/or staying?  there may be some other places close that you can rent pads at.  gyms in Knoxville and Chat rent pads.

Staying in Nashville and only driving down for 1 full day....don't really want to take too much extra time trying to find addn'l places and rent pads. The quicker and easier this is, the more I get to climb, which to me is worth a little extra $ (<a little that is...if we're talking stupid $, then no)!!

SHIT...now I just realized it's more like 2.5 hours from Nashville...I SWEAR the first time I google mapped it, it said a little over an hour!! 

Embarrassed to say wrote:

SHIT...now I just realized it's more like 2.5 hours from Nashville...I SWEAR the first time I google mapped it, it said a little over an hour!! 

Well if everything else fails there are a couple really nice gyms in Nashville, I think "the crag" was opening a new facility and Climb Nashville "west" is a great gym

Andy Million · · Murfreesboro TN · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 65

I SWEAR the first time I google mapped it, it said a little over an hour!! 

It's worth the drive.

Andy Million wrote:

It's worth the drive.

true dat

Benjamin Parniuk · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

There's a great place in Chatty that rents crash pads. Accurately named "The Crash Pad" - a hostel geared towards people just like yourself if the drive is a little too long and you're looking to stay a night. Website says $12 a day for big pads, $8 for smaller ones.

Dan Knisell · · MA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 6,367

Pads from the hostel The Crash Pad are super nice. Massive Organic ones. They also have guidebooks there if you want to do Rocktown or Horsepens. 

Eric Carlos · · Soddy Daisy, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 121

Day pass is $8.75

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0
Sam North wrote:

They sell them in the club house where you get your day pass for 30$. I bought one two weekends ago. 

You must have not got a day pass because if it was 30$ for a day they would not be worth going to... there are other areas to climb nearby.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Much appreciated and good karma.

Dan Knisell · · MA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 6,367
ViperScale . wrote:

You must have not got a day pass because if it was 30$ for a day they would not be worth going to... there are other areas to climb nearby.

They were saying the guidebooks are $30. Day passes are just under $10. Totally worth it. Stone fort is pretty sweet!

Lawrence Roper · · Clarksville, TN · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Let me know when you come down. I've got pads galore

Cameron Bishop · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 0

I know you already ordered your book, but maybe it’ll help someone else. I saw that Rock Creek outfitters in Cool Springs has the book for $25. 

Sam North · · Walton, KY · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks all!. Ordered the book from Rockery....are you serious on the $30.00?? Now I'm curious on the day-pass price (I thought it was like $8-9 bucks), I guess I should check on the crashpad rentals....I don't anticipate that being cheap!

Thanks!

day pass is 8$, yes the guide book was 30! 

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I can understand $30 for the guide...I thought you were saying it was $30 for a day pass!! HAHA

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Stone Fort (Little Rock City) Bouldering?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started