Mountain Project Logo

Jan 13, 2018 Event for Quinn Brett, Estes Park

Original Post
F L · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 6

For some reason I'm not seeing this event publicized as much as it should be. There will be an awesome fundraising event in support of Quinn Brett in Estes Park, CO on January 13, 2018. REEL Rock film premiere, free beer, silent auction, raffles, live music, food and drinks. All proceeds will go directly to Quinn's recovery.

Information and tickets here:

https://handstandsforquinn.com

Jon Frisby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 270

https://www.youcaring.com/quinnbrett-980578

Looks fun - wish I could make it!! RR was awesome!!! Cedar's films were both killer

velvet !!! · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 10

And Tommy Caldwell is gonna give a talk? Free beer? All for a good cause?? Hot dang!!

WadeM · · Auburn, Ca · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 481

Bump for Quinn!

WadeM · · Auburn, Ca · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 481

Bringing it back to the top! Check out a great event for an even better cause!

Mark Says · · Basalt, CO · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 395

I don't know Quinn, but I know of the accident and through that I know some of what she's contributed to the climbing community and outdoors community at large. Best of luck with the fundraising, and hope all that attend have a great time!

boo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 0
Mark Says wrote:

I don't know Quinn, but I know of the accident and through that I know some of what she's contributed to the climbing community and outdoors community at large. Best of luck with the fundraising, and hope all that attend have a great time!

right on Mark!  

as a reminder peeps! if you can’t make the event, the silent auction is shaping into a great way to contribute:

www.handstandsforquinn.com

check it often because the climbing-artist community is giving big and the items are being uploaded as they arrive!

Peeps and Peepsters!!!!

Talked with Organizer Extradornaire, Nathan Welton,  last pm!  There are approximately 30 tickets left for this event!  That's right.....30.  If you want to go, buy your ticket very soooooooon!

EVENT UPDATES:

The silent auction website is being updated DAILY!!!  

There is more free beer available at this event than the crowd might be able to consume.....nah!  We can do it!  And now, we have free food.  A lot of free food.  There is also a hotel offering cheap rooms, if you don't have friends up here....so you can help consume all of this free beer and NOT DRIVE.

The Gearalicious Booty in this Raffle/Door Prize list is approaching jaw dropping.

If you can't make it, seriously consider the silent auction.  The evening is definitely turning into a fun night, with friends coming up/in/and over.   

Again, everything is being donated for this event's success with ALL proceeds going to Quinn's Recovery and Rehabilitation.  While it is a party, the cause is clear.  I don't think I am going out on a limb here, either.  She is going to make us all proud.  So start the karma and help get her going....

Shadrock · · Here and there. · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 430

This is a great event for someone who has been a strong supporter of the climbing community. I had the pleasure of running across Quinn a few times while making various wrong-turns during some initial exploration up on Longs. She was always super helpful with beta, making connections with other climbers, and incredibly supportive of anybody she happened to meet up with. Looking forward to a great event for a great climber. 

!!!!!!!HUGE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Because ticket sales were blowing up, the organizers have moved the venue across the street!!!!  THIS MEANS we have more room for more people and raise MORE $$ to help Quinn. 

From the Organizers:

Because so many people are rallying so hard for Quinn, we wound up dramatically overselling our original venue at the American Legion Post. However, The Ridgeline Hotel, which is literally across the street, generously agreed to take on the event. So we are tripling our capacity and ticket sales have re-opened. 240 tickets? How about 750! 

We have also brought on board an incredible reggae/hip-hop fusion band out of Fort Collins called Write Minded. Check them out on Spotify, and get ready to dance late into the night. Your weekend just got even more fun! 

Reel Rock Film, Tommy yarning stories, free beer, free food! (it's always about the food....), door prizes (y'all it gettin' pretty insane in the booty chest), silent auction and NOW an awesome band to dance to until it's time to go skiing, climbing or ice climbing???!!!!!  

I propose a challenge to the current ticket holders!  You bought your ticket.  Find one friend to bring along.  At this point, they can easily buy a ticket on line and still at the door.  Let's blow the top off of this event!  It's winter and this can be the family/holiday party that you really wanted to attend.   

Here's the website:

Buy tickets, checkout the online auction and read up on the cause: https://handstandsforquinn.com/

Remember>>>>All volunteer and donor driven=100% to Quinn's Recovery and Rehab.  

Naomi Guy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 25

Bringin it to the Top again for a Top Lady! Very happy to hear about the new venue The Ridgeline Hotel. Get a Room! Enjoy the evening without worrying about the drive home - Don't drink & drive folks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Jan 13, 2018 Event for Quinn Brett, Estes Park"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started