Mountain Project Logo

El Potrero Chico - Dec 22th-Jan 6th - Looking for partners

Original Post
Claire Wang · · Montreal · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all, 

I'll be at EPC from Dec 22nd to Jan 6th and am looking for partners to climb with. I have a full rack and am comfortable leading up to 10s and following up to 11s but stoked to jump on anything! I'm also hoping to try out some multi-pitches if that interests you. This is gonna be my first time going to EPC so any tips or info is always appreciated. hit me up if you're also looking for partners:D

Adam Aronovitz · · New Orleans, LA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Claire!

I'm thinking about driving down to EPC from New Orleans, probably arriving on the 23rd or so, staying till right before NYE. I'm pretty comfy leading sport 10a's (although most of my leading has been in Thailand where grades may be a little soft).

I have a 70m rope and 15 or so draws.

Hope to see ya there!

Rene De Santiago · · Montreal, QC · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hi Claire,

I'll be in EPC from Dec 24-30 with a friend but then they fly out and I'm interested in staying. Let me know if you would be up for climbing sometime between Dec 31-Jan 6, so I can start looking at lodging options. Are you camping?

Cheers,

Rene

Hi Adam, seems like we're arriving on similar dates, let's keep in touch!

Hi Rene, I definitely will be down to do some climbing during those days! And no I'm not camping but staying at a hostel

Chicken Joe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 10

Hi everyone,

I’ll be heading down to EPC solo from Dec. 26th – Jan. 6th and will be looking for partners. I’m usually comfy leading in the 5.10/5.11 range, and will be camping out at La Posada.

Am safe, have plenty of gear, and would be eager to jump on anything.

Hope to climb with y’all sometime!

All the best,

Jonathan

Adam Aronovitz · · New Orleans, LA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Nice! Looks like a good cragging crew already. 

Jonathan, did you need to reserve in advance to camp at La Posada? My plans are still a little malleable but I was just gonna bring camping gear along in my car to head down.

Thanks!

Adam

Chicken Joe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 10

Hi Adam, not sure if you need to reserve in advance, although I heard it can fill up sometimes. I made a reservation at http://www.elpotrerochico.mx/reservations/.

Derrick Keene · · Kentucky · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 95

Greetings,

My wife and I will be climbing at EPC from 12/31 to Jan 6. Planning to stay at Posadas. I made a reservation, but we'll be camping so hopefully will have a spot ha! Looking to get on multi pitch routes like Yankee clipper, Pitch Black, Satori, etc. 

Derrick

Jun Kim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 15

As of today, there's still plenty of camping available outside of La Posada.  Check out any of the other pueblos down the road that are nearly empty.  La Quinta Santa Barbara, Lemuria, etc.  

joe Marin · · State College, PA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Claire wang! I'll be down the 28th by around 1 am. Want to climb on the 29 in the morning? Give me an email at jmarin6897@gmail.com or a text at 8148824817. I'll be there until the 10th of January.

I'm up for getting on some multipitch in the 10-11 range on the 29th though

Big Chossy Hoss · · Hossland · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 92

Hi everyone,

I know I'm late to the party and many of you might already have plans in place, but I'll be arriving in EPC solo on Dec. 29th and camping at La Posada until January 9th. Let me know if any of you are looking for a partner at all during your stay. I don't know the area  because this will be my first time, but I'm looking forward to exploring and I'd be willing to give anything a go.

I've lead up to 5.10c outdoors but I'm guessing that Minnesota grade might be a little soft. Also I'd like to give multipitch a try at some point, if anyone is willing. I have 18 draws, a 70m rope, and some enthusiasm to offer.

Hans

adam1141@umn.edu

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "El Potrero Chico - Dec 22th-Jan 6th - Looking f…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started